Kad42B

baily

Visit site
Hi all I have a problem with the supercharger not cutting out at high revs. will engage at low revs. and cut out when revs are back below 1800 revs has any body any ideas also how to check the speed controller in the black box please?
Also does any body have any recommendations for the turbo refurbished or new as we are getting some oil past it into the after cooler?
Ian

BruceK

Visit site
Symtom1:
Have you checked the gap between the kickdown sensor and throttle body?
Are you cruising at close to WOT?
- check sensor connections / gap / wiring connections

Symptom 2
Does this happen only once engine is fully warmed up? - Dry solder connections in black box replace / vibration damage

Symptom3 - all else fails
- replace magnetic pick up sensor on gear that relays revs to black box

These things are chronically simple. One of those 3 will be the culprit

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hi all I have a problem with the supercharger not cutting out at high revs. will engage at low revs. and cut out when revs are back below 1800 revs has any body any ideas also how to check the speed controller in the black box please?
Also does any body have any recommendations for the turbo refurbished or new as we are getting some oil past it into the after cooler?
Ian
Does it engage as soon as you start the engine or when the revs get to Around 1500 ?

baily

Visit site
could any body recommend where I can get a rotational speed controller for a Kad42B part no 881797 from please.

FatherTed

Visit site
If you are able to confirm the speed controller is faulty, don't throw it away.
Almost all the components within the box are standard off the shelf components. These are fixable, once you have removed the soft epoxy that covers the board.

I would like to take a look at it and if I can fix it, it would be a spare for you.
I would be doing this as a side hobby, not looking to do this as a business.

QBhoy

Visit site
No it is not a turbo issue apart from the oil leaking past into the intercooler as we still get max revs
Ok. All I’d say is that I recently worked on a kad32. The supercharger was having to come back in and stay in after it should have cut out…then not kicking out until much further up the rpms. There wasn’t any really noticeable drop in rpm top end. Just a little perhaps. It was caused by the turbo starting to fail. Took the turbo off and there was play in the bearing. Sent it to AET. Boat is now running perfect and supercharger doing what it is meant to.

baily

Visit site
Ok. All I’d say is that I recently worked on a kad32. The supercharger was having to come back in and stay in after it should have cut out…then not kicking out until much further up the rpms. There wasn’t any really noticeable drop in rpm top end. Just a little perhaps. It was caused by the turbo starting to fail. Took the turbo off and there was play in the bearing. Sent it to AET. Boat is now running perfect and supercharger doing what it is meant to.
Thank you for this information I am looking to get the turbos refurbished