Jubilee Pageant.... not for the faint hearted ?

Firefly625

Visit site
saw an interview with Thames River authority chap, in his words, if you are taking part in the Jubilee Pageant, at any one time there will be 8 boats surrounding you within a boat length....

I think it will be a spectacle... but I wouldn't wish to take part.

epervier

Visit site
saw an interview with Thames River authority chap, in his words, if you are taking part in the Jubilee Pageant, at any one time there will be 8 boats surrounding you within a boat length....

I think it will be a spectacle... but I wouldn't wish to take part.

I think, with motor,sail,rowing,all trying to keep station within a boats length of each other on the tidal Thames, could so easily turn into a Debacle.

neale

Visit site
I think, with motor,sail,rowing,all trying to keep station within a boats length of each other on the tidal Thames, could so easily turn into a Debacle.

No sail boats taking part as the bridges ain't high enough :D

I think so.... in days of old the Thames was a lot wider and therefore the tides were a lot less.... a 4knt tide and 1000 boats ..:eek:

Should be no tides on the day as the barrier will be closed.

AdeOlly

Visit site
No sail boats taking part as the bridges ain't high enough :D

Should be no tides on the day as the barrier will be closed.

Looks like they've thought of everything. I trust they've banned dinghies from tacking back and forth up the river expecting col regs to apply...... :D

deborahann

Visit site
so who will be taking part, for us sad gits that can't do this, what are we to look for on the telly, understand that there was a meeting tonight. Which row are you in. What sort of boat. etc.

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
For the IPC crowd (thats Yachting World, Motor Boats Monthly and Motor Boat and Yachting) it is as follows...

Sealine 28 (Neal and Claire / MBM/ their own boat)

Nigel Irens designed green slim 50 odd foot Motor Cruiser which I cant remember the name of (David Glenn Yachting World)

Beecham Searider 45 Will have Kim Hollamby on board (as its his boat) and he is I believe doing something for MBY but I might be wrong

The big sail stuff is moored above and below Tower bridge,some nice stuff there.

The only thing we dont know is how high or low the tide will be stopped at.

teddington_lock

Visit site
For the IPC crowd (thats Yachting World, Motor Boats Monthly and Motor Boat and Yachting) it is as follows...

Sealine 28 (Neal and Claire / MBM/ their own boat)

Nigel Irens designed green slim 50 odd foot Motor Cruiser which I cant remember the name of (David Glenn Yachting World)

Beecham Searider 45 Will have Kim Hollamby on board (as its his boat) and he is I believe doing something for MBY but I might be wrong

The big sail stuff is moored above and below Tower bridge,some nice stuff there.

The only thing we dont know is how high or low the tide will be stopped at.

Who was on the Targa from MBY ? met them at Tedders , nice chap.