JOG season on it's way - oh yes ....

Racecruiser

Visit site
Debate already under way with the secretary and others including the timing of a load of wind on Sunday - keep a listen out for possible changes before the start on Saturday.

flaming

Visit site
Forecast for Saturday seems to be backing off a touch.

The sail back up the Solent on Sunday could be a lot of fun though!

flaming

Visit site
We certainly enjoyed it! Yesterday particularly was a glamour day's sailing.

Good decision I think not to go to Poole. Would have been very spicy coming back in through Hurst today. We saw 35 knots as we finished.

Judders

Visit site
A pretty successful weekend for the members of this parish I believe? Two wins for Flaming, one each for Oliver Love and I and two thirds for Racecruiser.

flaming

Visit site
A pretty successful weekend for the members of this parish I believe? Two wins for Flaming, one each for Oliver Love and I and two thirds for Racecruiser.

Yes, we were pretty pleased with the way the weekend went, despite suffering from a fairly bad case of the slows upwind. Just couldn't find our normal heavy air upwind performance at all. Eventually got somewhere close to the target speeds, but were very down on point to do so. Had to fight much harder to beat the 109, Jukebox, on Sunday than was comfortable. But good results, which is especially handy as it's looking like we're going to have to scratch the last in the series.

I would love to know what happened to Jukebox on Saturday, they were with us to the forts on the way out, then we lost them and didn't see them again and they Finished an hour and 40 minutes behind us.... Something must have happened, they demonstrated on Sunday that they're not slow! We did wonder if they got caught up with the doublehanded race and went to the Nab itself, rather than Nab East.

Felt sorry for the guys in the J80. We went round winner with them on Saturday, and were just saying "and now for a monster beat" and looked across at the J80... none of us would have swapped that's for sure!

Judders

Visit site
I can't speak for Jukebox but I heard bar chat along the lines that one or two boats went to the Nab instead of Nab East.

For our part we went from fifth to second by being the boat that dropped there rather than trying to hold a kite. The poor buggers had to drop and sail up tide to the mark which allowed us to take the lead on handicap.

Racecruiser

Visit site
Seems most had a good time so that's great. What's that about trying to hold a kite? Oh dear for us to do it on Saturday and then again on Sunday can only be described as a bit dumb - penalties of being the pathfinder!

Lymington weekend should be a goodie - money behind the bar and prizes Saturday evening.

flaming

Visit site
Haven't looked in here much recently - hope you Elainers all enjoyed the ball, we did. First time for JOG at Winchester Uni and about 175 came - some pics and comments here: https://www.facebook.com/JOGyachtracing/

He had a great time! Quote of the night from one of our crew was on inspecting the prize table when we arrived. "I hope we don't win a picture, you can't fill that with rum and drink out of it!"

Judders

Visit site
He had a great time! Quote of the night from one of our crew was on inspecting the prize table when we arrived. "I hope we don't win a picture, you can't fill that with rum and drink out of it!"

Sorry not to have got the chance to come and say hello. I was chatting to one of your crew and meant to but it was one of those nights where before I knew it the taxi was there.