Jet washers under water

Rappey

Visit site
6000psi Industrial machine is a bit different to the usual domestic machine and I could imagine that could work.
But would it underwater? I've no idea but a bullet fired into water barely makes 2ft.
The more power/higher calibre the less distance it goes ! Would it be the same for a jet of water ?

michaf

Visit site
These guns are always on sale! So 700-900 EUR is what you should pay. I would say 1500 PSI is a bit low. Mine is the EVO2 small. I've had the gun for two years. Yes they are very well built. It's all in the nozzle, so replacing the rest of the gun shouldn't be a problem. You need to be very close to what you are actually cleaning, so imho snorkelling isn't going to work. Yes it does kick back especially when increasing the psi and L/Min. That's why they have the one with the two barrels.

No air is introduced, as the waters comes out of the barrel it creates a low pressure around the exit, which makes the water boil. The vapour bubbles are joining the jet and then collapse. It is the shock wave of the collapsing that generates the "cleaning" effect.

As for a prop it's the same principle, the repeated shock waves is what erodes the metal.

peterjaw

Visit site
These guns are always on sale! So 700-900 EUR is what you should pay. I would say 1500 PSI is a bit low. Mine is the EVO2 small. I've had the gun for two years. Yes they are very well built. It's all in the nozzle, so replacing the rest of the gun shouldn't be a problem. You need to be very close to what you are actually cleaning, so imho snorkelling isn't going to work. Yes it does kick back especially when increasing the psi and L/Min. That's why they have the one with the two barrels.

No air is introduced, as the waters comes out of the barrel it creates a low pressure around the exit, which makes the water boil. The vapour bubbles are joining the jet and then collapse. It is the shock wave of the collapsing that generates the "cleaning" effect.

As for a prop it's the same principle, the repeated shock waves is what erodes the metal.
Hi Michaf,
I am interesting to buy either EVO2 Cavitation Nozzle or Twin Jet Double Cavitation Nozzle.
Before proceeding, would you please help me for the following questions:

1. Do these 2 nozzles fit regular high pressure jet wash machine for automobile?

2. Do I need anything else, such as special connectors, adapters.... etc. If so, what those would be?

3. Do you have any documents or video for showing how to set up the whole system?

4. Where did you get you nozzle? Is there any online store for these nozzles?

Thank you very much.

michaf

Visit site
Peter, my answers:

1) Yes you can fit it to any pressure washer. Adapters are available in any hardware shop. You do need a pressure washer with at least 2000 PSI and min 10L/Min. Unless you are planing to use it a lot, I wouldn't get the one with the counter acting nozzle.

2) See 1.

3) Just replace you existing pressure washer gun with the new one.

4) I bought it from CavitCleaner, just send an email to cavitcleaner@cavitcleaner.com

peterjaw

Visit site
Peter, my answers:

1) Yes you can fit it to any pressure washer. Adapters are available in any hardware shop. You do need a pressure washer with at least 2000 PSI and min 10L/Min. Unless you are planing to use it a lot, I wouldn't get the one with the counter acting nozzle.

2) See 1.

4) I bought it from CavitCleaner, just send an email to cavitcleaner@cavitcleaner.com
Thank you very much. Your answers are so helpful.

peterjaw

Visit site
Peter, my answers:

2) See 1.

One more question:

Do you recommend this nozzle?

Thank you very much.

Assassin

Visit site
Roy. I have an industrial American jobby. You know the Americans prefer brute force over finesse in their machines. 6000 psi max depending on the head used. I hardly use it as it just blows holes through my tarmac driveway but is great at getting crusties and paint off the outdrives. Dont listen to the naysayers as said above. I'll lend it to you for a couple bottles of Malbec or a nice Pinotage and a deck chair. When can I come?

Toy Bruce, my Thor has 7250psi and a 23 HP Hatz diesel engine, if it doesn't clean the barnacles off it will fetch the gel coat off instead, its good in water fights also as it hits amazing distances.

rlw

Visit site
Interesting. A bit more research found this:

What is Submerged Washing? - Sugino Machine Official Website

Cavitation occurs by spraying the jet under water. The "Horn-type Nozzle" developed by Sugino Machine creates effective cavitation regardless of the simplicity of shape.
The nozzle has a tapered shape with its outlet spreading outward, and water sucked into the tapered part facilitates the creation of a vortex in the surrounding of the jet, resulting in the effective production of cavitation. (Figure 2)
In addition, it is being reported that the single individual bubbles of the cavitation bubble cloud, for which a concentration of micro-bubbles occurs in the downstream of the jet, provide a great deal of destructive power.
Figure: Horn-type Nozzle

michaf

Visit site
Yes that is the principle. Yes I can recommend Cavitcleaner. It has performed well. On the subject of loud sound while cleaning I've sent an email to them but they haven't responded. Since there are some industrial version for big ships clearly there are professionals that do it as a living. How they manage protecting their ears I don't know. I've used earplugs + earmuffs but it's stills feels loud. Sound propagates differently in water, it's difficult to asses if damage can occur. It's something to keep in mind. On the previous link the diver is wearing a diving helmet which may protect differently.