Jet washers under water

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Have you missed the date ? Its April 3 ... not April 1.

I tried it years ago when water level was reduced in my channel ... unless you can keep that head right next to the hull and I mean real close - its useless.

Power ? Average Karcher / Bosch etc is about 100bar ...... which dissipates in about 20 cm's into water, even less if head is under water .... try it ....

No youre completely wrong. I guarantee this will work. Go ahead seastoke prove them all wrong and have somebody shoot a video to record your triumph

Refueler

Visit site
No youre completely wrong. I guarantee this will work. Go ahead seastoke prove them all wrong and have somebody shoot a video to record your triumph

OK ... like I said before - I have tried it .... was only good for the few cms from waterline down ...

The other factor of course - if you have a fin or long keel - then the hull is easier to get at - my boat is bilge keel, with other twin drop keel ... so you can only get at the outer sides.

Seastoke

Visit site
It will people, foreigners testing it , either Sarf African , or welch win win boat clean and £10 each well £8 as they will be fuloughed.

Seastoke

Visit site
In English please ?? You lost me completely there ...
It will people, foreigners testing it , either Sarf African , or welch win win boat clean and £10 each well £8 as they will be fuloughed.
So people from other shores will be doing the jet washing , either from South Africa , or Wales, so boat will be clean . Pay them £10 each , well £8 as they should be Furloughed.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
When I had a marina berth I used to clean off the waterline weed with a pressure washer. It worked very well, perhaps because I only need to get a couple of inches below the surface. However, the pressure washer packed in on the third go. Maybe coincidence or maybe it didn't like the back pressure.

Seastoke

Visit site
In English please ?? You lost me completely there ...
You is old nit bro , get some spice inyer life bro , come stoke man we can break a bag togeva geeza. Stay wiv it man if the virus don’t get Yuse the spice will bro .

BruceK

Visit site
So people from other shores will be doing the jet washing , either from South Africa , or Wales, so boat will be clean . Pay them £10 each , well £8 as they should be Furloughed.

You'll pay me a tenner to etch down to the gelcoat some graffiti into your antifoul. Oh yes please. No censorship allowed. I envisage a giant white whopper on the starboard side. 45 foot long. The Welshman can decide what goes on the port side.

Seastoke

Visit site
When I had a marina berth I used to clean off the waterline weed with a pressure washer. It worked very well, perhaps because I only need to get a couple of inches below the surface. However, the pressure washer packed in on the third go. Maybe coincidence or maybe it didn't like the back pressure.
Ask brucek he says you are only gay if you push backwards!,

BruceK

Visit site
This is why you got black balled from the lawn bowling club. A few drinks in and you blurt some right clangers while the rest of us scurry for social distancing. More peeps like you are needed at the marina in these uncertain times. Honest. You should volunteer. You could clear it in a day.

rlw

Visit site
Also had a a go. Patio cleaner did not work though i did wonder if a mod with air blown into it would work. The water slows it down too much. Mine works ok with a heavy duty cleaning nozzle when standing on the jetty to clean rudders and trip tabs.

Some online research showed a cavitation cleaner system that seems to combine air and water. Also has an exit on the rear of the gun to stop you flying backwards under water. Any really smart people on here that know how the cavitation bit works? Can't really find when they introduce air into the stream.

michaf

Visit site
Jumping in late on this. I wash my boat's belly ( only when anti foul is no more effective ) and moving gear with a cavitational gun. You can use it with a conventional pressure washer and is only effective under water. As the water comes out of the nozzle it creates a low pressure->boiling water->collapsing bubbles->high energy. Same principle as what can pit your props. It will not remove antifould or prop speed. Trial and tested, is highly effective. This techno is used to clean large ships, but they do sell a small gun. Not cheap thought. info here : Cavitcleaner

vas

Visit site
Jumping in late on this. I wash my boat's belly ( only when anti foul is no more effective ) and moving gear with a cavitational gun. You can use it with a conventional pressure washer and is only effective under water. As the water comes out of the nozzle it creates a low pressure->boiling water->collapsing bubbles->high energy. Same principle as what can pit your props. It will not remove antifould or prop speed. Trial and tested, is highly effective. This techno is used to clean large ships, but they do sell a small gun. Not cheap thought. info here : Cavitcleaner
interesting, thanks!

so I assume you're talking about this gun: EVO2 CAVITATIONAL NOZZLE - Cavitcleaner Group

looking at the specs of the system feeding it, it seems to me that one could bypass the membranes of a decent size watermaker and connect to this thing and get away with under 1K euro, wonder how much off the mark I may be...
Paying 4-5k for the smaller system is a bit much, but 897euro+ shipping I guess is more palatable and some manmath could make it a feasible proposition (would be the cost of two liftouts for me here...)
You do mention conventional pressure washer, so a normal size (not prof) Kaarcher will do?
Care to explain the setup you use?

cheers

V.

michaf

Visit site
The cavit gun can be used on any pressure washer. I’m using a basic one, 2200 psi 9L a minute. The specs say between ballpark 2K-3K psi but a higher water flow (16L). When we need more power we use a petrol pressure washer. Things get a bit brutal with it, my arm works much harder and it gets very very loud (earplugs are a must). The main advantage is that the bubbles collapse further away from the gun, you can cover more surface.

I share the gun with 3 other friends, it’s not just a “small” improvement compared to any other way of underwater cleaning, it changes everything. Even the toughest stuff simply flake off. Incredibly effective on moving parts, not to mention thruster.

But one needs to dive or have a friend who does.

We bought the small version for about 700 EUR. It is a lot, but I couldn’t find a cheaper one. It’s all at the end of the nozzle, the design has to be very specific for the cavitation effect to take place.

vas

Visit site
We bought the small version for about 700 EUR. It is a lot, but I couldn’t find a cheaper one. It’s all at the end of the nozzle, the design has to be very specific for the cavitation effect to take place.

thanks a lot!

did my calcs, my watermaker pump does 12lpm @1500psi (100bar) so it's up to the job!
however, the cheap cavit gun EVO2 is the one I point to and it's 900euro and that's offer price out of almost 2K euro, is yours an older version/model or are they using the triple the price and offer it at half of that old trick?
How long have you had that for, is it built to last?
Can you just snorkel and use that gun with the 1m extension to reach most of the hull (at least on my 43ft mobo I'd reach the keel like that...)
final Q, does it kick back much (as per other discussions), doesn't look like it does from the videos, just wondering.

still confused on how is the air introduced in this system, need to study a bit more, but info and docs are scarce.

sorry about all the Qs, but it seems that's a solution worth examining!

cheers

V.