Jester 2023 Newsletter.

jamie N

Visit site
I've just received this, and hope that it's of help to all.
I'm hoping to participate, and reckon others here will also.
I'm personally nothing to do with the organisation!

Dear Jesters,
This is just a short newsletter, mainly to confirm the basics for the Jester Baltimore Challenge 2023, for which we already have nearly 50 skippers on the provisional starters’ list. The start date, with starts from Plymouth and Pwllheli, will be Sunday 18th June 2023. The start time will be midday, as usual. Fuller details (although not yet complete) are attached.
It looks like there will not be a Pirates’ Weekend at Baltimore next year, but from Thursday 22nd June until Sunday 25th June, Baltimore will be the setting for the O’Driscoll Clan gathering. This at least means that the town will be lively, with lots of street and pub music. The O’Driscolls know the Jesters are coming, and will be happy to share their jollifications where appropriate.
We will once again be using Mayflower Marina as the focal point for berthing and pre-race events in Plymouth, and will give updates on that when necessary. A big thankyou to Mayflower Managing Director Charles Bush for once again giving a generous discount to Jesters berthing there. The restaurant franchise at Mayflower has recently changed hands, and we will be monitoring the performance of the new management team before making any decisions about the skippers’ dinner and so on.
Another big thankyou is due to Wil Williams, manager of the Pwllheli marina, who has also agreed to be as supportive as possible to Jesters starting from Pwllheli, this despite a change of ownership of the marina, and all permanent berths now being occupied. As usual, Pwllheli Sailing Club will provide start line facilities. Many thanks to Roger Fitzgerald for handling the negotiations at the Pwllheli end.
With very best wishes for the festive season
The Jester Helm