Jersy to the Solent

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
I never noticed that. And they certainly don’t push it. There is generally no need to book, unless you’re a rally, and if they are full, complete with outside moorings, call the RSYC, they have a few moorings for up to 35ft.

ashtead

Visit site
You don’t get your money back it would seem if weather prevents arrival but maybe others have found otherwise. We crossed from Yarmouth to Lym one Friday early July and not a pleasant crossing with tide and wind in opposition so I would suggest avoiding that trip in the s34 . Personally Lym is a better stopover if one is needed even with the winding channel etc .

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
You don’t get your money back it would seem if weather prevents arrival but maybe others have found otherwise. We crossed from Yarmouth to Lym one Friday early July and not a pleasant crossing with tide and wind in opposition so I would suggest avoiding that trip in the s34 . Personally Lym is a better stopover if one is needed even with the winding channel etc .
Lymington will cost you double, and the long trip in at 6kn is tedious. It’s even tedious for us in the tri.

Rocksteadee

Visit site
What boat? What speed?
Fill up in guernsey as no fuel in Alderney. Go for north direction tide in Alderney races or if I doubt slack. Aim for needles fairway bouy to avoid needle races. Once at mid Solent just before precautionary area watch out for lobster pots if cutting corner to calshot spit (currently not a lightship as temporary PHB in place) watch out for car ferry and red jet (even behind you) or big shipping preceded by a pilot. You can skirt western edge of precaution area. Again watching out for lobster pots as they may sit just outside line if PHBs