James Silver of Rosneath and John Bain designs.

MB007

Visit site
Hi Hamish
I came across a couple of pictures I took at Crinan some time back.
Not sure of the name of this fine Silvers yacht.
She was moved after some time but I'm not sure where.

Attachments

• EPSON007.JPG
    EPSON007.JPG
    558.5 KB · Views: 14
  • EPSON008.JPG
    EPSON008.JPG
    691.9 KB · Views: 14

jstarmarine

Visit site
These last couple of years have been a roller coaster ride for the team at the Chance Restoration project. Having to keep going through the Covid 19 pandemic and the fall out from that which put pay to much of the work we wish to do on Chance.
Also, the fact that Chance was put in Woodplumpton in Lancashire and we live in North Essex and not being in a position to move Chance South until last November when we had raised the funds to bring her south to Titchmarsh marina in Walton on the Naze so that Chance was going to be close to our home and my workshop.
So between June 2021 and last November we traveled north to Woodplumpton as many times as possible to do as much work on every visit to remove as much of the inside furniture and fittings to make Chance as light as possible to be able to move Chance south without damaging Chance any more than Chance had already had done to her structure.
A lot of the larger heavier items such as fuel and water tanks, both engines which weighted 1.3 tons, 1 ton of interior ballast and a lot of loose items in the boat.
Once all the items that were going to make Chance lighter were removed then we felt happy that it was time for Chance to move south. This happened on the 1st of November last year.

Now that Chance is now at Titchmarsh marina we could make a start on some major work on Chance, however,, life gets in the way as is often the case. a older family members passing away, my wife's retirement and other family upheavals made it difficult to get any work done on Chance apart from a few smaller jobs and not the major jobs planned to be done during the summer of 2023.

So at the moment we are continuing to do some of the smaller jobs off Chance and when the weather gets better and the spring gets here then we will try again to get on with the major jobs we had planned to do last year this year.

These setbacks have made us more determination to push on with the restoration and like lives says we all need a second Chance and we are going to give Chance a second chance.

jstarmarine

Visit site
This past week, a great grand daugther of the third owner of Chance/Token contacted Us to ask if the boat that our family is restorating in the same Chance/Token that her family owned between 1970 and 1991. To which I replied it was one and the same boat, Kristy said that she remember spending happy times on Token as Chance was called at the time during this time when Great Grand father owned Token and when her Grand Father then became Token's owner and sailed around the Solent area during her time in that area of the UK. It was good to hear from a former owner's family that they enjoyed the boat in better times before Chance/Token started her slow and painful decline to the condition we found her in after a number of failed restoration project be owners in-between Boxall family owning her and now when we as starting to restoration Chance/Token back to a sailing/motoring condition and back on the high seas once more and hope to sail her back to her builder's yard in Scotland.

So now we are now starting to fill in the gaps in her past by being contacted by the family of former owners to get a better understanding of Token/Chance's life from her launching to the present day.