james silver boats

philzack01

Visit site
Hi , for the last 3yrs l have been restoring a james silver, chance, she is a 40ft western isles,motorsailer. kept her very orginal , she still has her twin dorman 4dsm engines. now as far as l can gather she was the first true motorsailer john bain designed. there was one other western isles, can anyone or does anyone know if this is still afloat???? by the way mine was re named Token , but l shall give her orginal name . they other question l have is , l also own a 1964 dixons motorboat called sara dane, is this on the loyds reg???? thanks or your time ... atb phil

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
Hi , for the last 3yrs l have been restoring a james silver, chance, she is a 40ft western isles,motorsailer. kept her very orginal , she still has her twin dorman 4dsm engines. now as far as l can gather she was the first true motorsailer john bain designed. there was one other western isles, can anyone or does anyone know if this is still afloat???? by the way mine was re named Token , but l shall give her orginal name . they other question l have is , l also own a 1964 dixons motorboat called sara dane, is this on the loyds reg???? thanks or your time ... atb phil

Hi Phil

Just noticed your post.

Not sure but during my research for my History of the Colvic Watson Motorsailer I spent some time up at Silvers Marine yard in Rosneath.
http://www.silversmarine.co.uk/

The present MD is Mark Aikmen and he is very knowledgeable about the yards long history and the boats built, I would also be interested to see a picture of your boat so please PM me and I will send my e-mail address.

I have seen many of the silvers boats over the years and John Bain designed some great yachts and motor sailers and you have a fine boat there.

Hope this might help
Mike