It's not fair...

Will

Visit site
It\'s not fair...

Here I am stuck in front of a computer, working very hard researching the YBW site, which only adds to my peevishness by rubbing it in that I'm not on a boat. And just to add insult to injury, a proper job Rival 34 has just gone pootling past my window on its way up the Thames. I even took a photo of it (that's how bored I am) so if that was you or you know who it was, there's a lovely sunny photo waiting to be developed with the Cutty Sark and Greenwich College in the background. Lucky buggers. Hope it rains this afternoon!

billmacfarlane

Visit site
Re: It\'s not fair...

Know how you feel. I work in Brighton and have just returned from a quick bunk off the the seafront. It is a really beautiful day with a light notherly breeze ideal for a spring shakedown sail with the cruising chute up and a glass in hand. My mood wasn't helped by seeing a boat leave Brighton Marina.

Will

Visit site

Ok, reading scuttlebutt, pretending I'm going to buy a world girdler from the classifieds, generally avoiding what I should be doing. But if the boss asks, it's research.

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site

I can see the Deben from my window; at high water this morning the urge to jump into the dayboat and have a quick spin was almost overpowering...

G

This week I'm working, as I often do, near St Katharine's dock in London which allows me to enviously eye up all sorts of lovely craft on my way to work every morning and during my lunch hour.

They include Thames barges, things that can only belong to millionaires, beautiful wooden boats and lots of lovely yachts of all sorts (also some motor boats, I believe... ;- )) )

A note to the owner of the Jenneau Sun Odyssey moored up in the inner basin - I've been off to the Med in your boat in my dreams already this morning and am currently overwintering in Malta...

Oh well, summer soon.

"El manana es nuestro, companero..."

romany123

Visit site

Steady guys
We are almost there clocks spring forward this weekend and soon this bb will fall silent at weekends.......I can almost feel the gentle sway of the boat and the wind tugging on the crusing chute....glass in hand.....Am i getting carried away or what :)

Dave