Isn't she pretty... (pics)

ThreeSummers

Visit site
Isn\'t she pretty... (pics)

Went for lunch today at The Albany, after a walkabout through Richmond Park and Bushy Park, hence having the photo-equipment with me...

So, sharing some pics...

_DSC1912_Vagabondx600.jpg

_DSC1922_Vagabondx600.jpg

_DSC1924_Vagabondx600.jpg

Isn't she pretty?

Regards,

Wobb.

TrueBlue

Visit site
I assume

She's a Thames Rater (?spelling).

Must be - with such an obscene /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif amount of sail....

There used to be a lot of them (well relatively, 'cos they were a one design), but those few that were at Bourne End seem to have disappeared in the last two years.

Anyone like to put me right?

ThreeSummers

Visit site
Re: I assume

[ QUOTE ]
She's a Thames Rater (?spelling).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might be right, I've been racking my brains all afternoon, trying to think of the class, and that sounds right. I have seen pics of her in magazines before.

As an aside, there was virtually no wind today, but she was making decent progress...

Wobb.

albineer

Visit site
Re: I assume

A class raters are based at Thames Sailing Club not Upper Thames at Bourne End but they race there every year in Bourne End Week. There seem to be more than there were in the late 50s so the class must be holding its own. I used to crew a National 12 in Bourne End Week in those days - slightly scary sharing a narrow river with those large fast boats.
report of this year's race here http://www.thamessailingclub.co.uk/59719/Sailing/Regattas/Bourne_End_Week.aspx