Island Harbour closed?

Robin

Visit site
Does this news impact the business of Richardson’s who seem well regarded for boat works etc. I guess they now have nothing to do with the marina company but how would their customers reach them?
it seems there are arrangements in place for boats to get pre-arranged lock openings for yard access by a phone call to the administrators office on 0161509 5095.

Robin

Visit site
Letter in island echo or IOW County News comments alleges that the owner of Bembridge marina has expressed interest in buying and that IHBR itself makes 'modest ' profits Bembridge by all accounts is well run.

SpottyDog5

Visit site
From what I understand the Marina is now operating normally again, with boats coming and going through the lock.
Suggest it would be prudent to check with the Marina office, before setting off.

ashtead

Visit site
I was down there by car earlier this week -there seemed to be some unfinished houses down there and I wondered if any connection with the marina woes or just still in course of construction?

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
The build ground to a halt maybe 4 years ago? Maybe more. I’m not sure Island harbour is taking visitors, a lot of boats are going up the Medina past us, and coming back down 20 minutes later. Can’t quite see the entrance from our mooring to verify anything.

Robin

Visit site
The build ground to a halt maybe 4 years ago? Maybe more. I’m not sure Island harbour is taking visitors, a lot of boats are going up the Medina past us, and coming back down 20 minutes later. Can’t quite see the entrance from our mooring to verify anything.
they usually do not accept casual arrivals only pre booked ones and currently are only operating the lock around HW freeflow times between 0800 and 1800 AFAIK.
the unfinished homes have been thus for several years to my knowledge, gossip says workers were transferred to other company projects inc as told me portsmoth university hall of residence. like said gossip only

neilf39

www.konsortkoto.wordpress.com
Old thread, but has anything changed?
Is it still in administration?
We took a rally in there in May this year. All working, only the restaurant is closed. Boatyard was busy and chandlers still going. Folly has been refurbished. Employees were only out of work for a day. I think it is still being run as a going concern by the administrators.

andrewbarker

Visit site
Yes, still running in administration. I'm there now. The only fly in the ointment is that the lock is temperamental. It's working freeflow on one set of gates at the moment so HW +/- about an hour. The Breeze is still closed.

SC35

Visit site
Yes, still running in administration. I'm there now. The only fly in the ointment is that the lock is temperamental. It's working freeflow on one set of gates at the moment so HW +/- about an hour. The Breeze is still closed.

Hmmm, it's not sounding like a great visitor destination right now.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
On the plus side of Island projects, the Albion Hotel in Freshwater Bay is open, after a huge refit, and looks very smart indeed. I’m sure they would welcome visiting sailors, if the weather allows anchoring in the bay.