Is the Hallberg Rassy 36 the best built, best deigned world cruiser you can buy a recent (used) example of for less than £100K?

G

That\'s true - nver sailed on one yet!

But that's an honest answer!

G

ONVI 385 by Alubat for a starter

much better looking, easier to repair even more proven.

tome

www.google.co.uk
Re: Is the Hallberg Rassy 36 the best built, best deigned world cruiser you can buy a recent (used) example of for less than £100K?

Build quality isn't the sole factor, and I would be looking for potential passage times also.

A small boat with a centre cockpit is a design error IMO. Having said that, Magnus Rassy must be well pleased that the HR36 has become his marketing dream. Call him - he loves to chat.

DeeGee

Visit site
Re: Is the Hallberg Rassy 36 the best built, best deigned world cruiser you can buy a recent (used) example of for less than £100K?

[ QUOTE ]
Massive chart table, heaps of storage, sensible lines, perfect galley, decent keel, great displacement for load carrying, etc. and beautiful to boot. Should this be my long term goal?<BR><BR>I'd certainly like to see YM produce a samll series on boats of 40' and under for world cruising - but especially if they kept to a budget of, say £100K for boats structurally and mechanically "ready to go".<BR><BR>While not of mass readership appeal, as most of us just potter around Britain and our nearest neighbours, we must be overdue for some good dreaming material - if only to scare our partners!

[/ QUOTE ]Couldn't you live with something like this
SP2_small.jpg