Is the East coast forum Dead?

tillergirl

Visit site
I see why your not doing a Maths course. I've just been trying to remember when I was 37 and it was my second year of boating on the Blackwater. Better get the albums out...

tillergirl

Visit site
Here is me aged 37

scan0004-2.jpg

It was the thing in those days not to set your sails properly /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tillergirl

Visit site
I built the most comfortable double berth in that boat twix cabin side and the centre board case. It also sailed quite well! Made a bead of moisture going to windward as I recall. It was very seamanlike in set up: you could only pump the bilge on the starboard tack! It had a quarter installation with a variable pitch propellor which was enormously useful clearing unwanted moorings. You could also feather the prop for sailing while the engine was going and if stationary it sort of made the back of the boat jump up and down.

When I first had it, there was no proper control gear to the prop. So if you found neutral the vibration of the engine would either work it into ahead or astern; there was no way of knowing which. So SWMBO and I worked out this mooring procedure in marinas of coming alongside and throwing ourselves onto the pontoon one for the head and one for the stern to take a turn before it went full ahead or full astern. Bystanders who ought to have known better used to suggest that we should have put the engine into neutral before getting off. Tish and Pish - that's for whimps! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jomo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Great shallow-draught boat. There's a bloke standing nearby with the current swirling round his ankles.

[/ QUOTE ]

and there was me thinking he was being towed by Tillergirl, just about to do his jumping across the wake trick /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif