Iraq - info and American input

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Re: Macho gesturing

a) people should stop trying to tell others what they can or can't post of the forum
b) people shouldn't post inflammatory comments regarding bombing campaigns.
c) The US should just let rip with nukes, if they think they're that hard.

My comment had nothing to do with any of the above. At one point the thread started spinning off into "I bet if I met you in the street you wouldn't be so hard" speak, at which point it gets no better than the Iraq-US thing does it?

Not getting into a fight over this...my comment is an encouragement to keep any debate at least at a level that reflects the intelligence of those that post here.

kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

ccscott49

Visit site
Just to put matters straight from my point of view, I am very interested about what happens in Iraq, for two reasons, both boaty:
1) I work in the oil industry, so any wars in the larger oil producing areas, affects my income, which allows me to cruise.
2) I want to visit the eastern meddy and in fact I'm on my way in that direction, so I want to know how it will affect the near east. Theres a guy already asking whether it's safe to wear the red ensign, on another forum!
The non boaty reason I'm interested, is because human beings are going to die! if we go to war, I dont want anymore blood on my hands! (collectively as a country)

claymore

Visit site
You just blew it

<The intelligence of those who post here>
You cannot put me in the same bracket of intelligence as TCM or that intellectual armpit of the North Sea - CCScott - I am not worthy.
And then there's Ken.

regards
Claymore

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: You just blew it

Intellectual armpit! Bloody hell, what did I do now! Thats really not very nice, even if you are having a giraffe! I might be thick, but I can lift eavy fings!

claymore

Visit site
It\'s a complement

Its sort of a place where all intelligence meets - the very epicentre of ....

Anyway -whats a giraffe? - I'm only small and cannot graze of anything higher than a pruned tomato plant.

regards
Claymore

NigeCh

Visit site
The key word in your post was \'here\'

Scuttlebutt is fine as it is - It may go wonky from time to time, but overall since its inception it has always been the dunking apple barrel .... And yes, I've been a past party (hopefully reformed) to doing worse than the original post in this thread.

__/)_

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
Okay, understand

Here = as in the collective set if ybw.com forums. There was a suggestion or two that we had a forum set up for general discussion within the main index but we do not; there is one covering website news and feedback but that's it. Sorry for the confusion - I monitor the lot, obviously, but appreciate some users never stray beyond Scuttlebutt.

kim_hollamby@ipcmedia.com

NigeCh

Visit site
Kim, When we meet the beer\'s on me.

BTW, It's nice to see Paul Gelder in the chair ... And I like Andrew Bray's suggestion of a Euro YBW Cruising World 'Best Boat' prize.

G

I thought there was already ...

Isn't there a Non-boaty section already in the forum listing >?????

Nigel ...
Bilge Keelers get up further ! I only came - cos they said there was FREE Guinness !

Metabarca

Visit site
Re: real world/boaty forum

Here's my tuppence worth. Living abroad, I enjoy YBW.com for the information I get concerning yottie things, but also for a sort of community spirit and a sense of what is going on back in the UK (what the hell IS going on, for chrissake??!!). I agree with some posters who said that if they don't like the real world intruding, then don't open the post. I wouldn't want scuttlebut to end up an 'anything goes' forum but neither do I want to see some of the tedious, sanitised stuff the US sites offer. Which is why I'm here. It certainly ain't for the beer!
Can I go back to sleep now?

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: real world/boaty forum

Yes, no problem you can go back into hibernation if you want. I've always wondered, why doesn't the human animal go into hibernation? Sounds a good idea to me. Crew aren't allowed hibernation, they have to varnish and antifoul etc. But skippers, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and no I do not ski.