Ipswich area - Instructor with steel nerves sought

falkonfive

Visit site
Hi,

Having abandoned our sanity and being in the process of buying a Bavaria Ocean 47 with the eventual aim of mooring alongside a bar in Greece permanently we seek a sailing instructor.

Details:

Us:

Mature couple, fairly fit, odd weekends on an Oyster 406 primarily as observers and drinks servers. Competent Crew obtained last Xmas in Canaries. Laid back and easygoing.

The Boat:

Bavaria Ocean 47, ashore at Fox's, lots of gadgets, bowthruster, in mast furling, electric winches etc. being surveyed Monday, should be back in the water within two weeks. Currently arranging mooring in Ipswich area.

The Requirement :

Qualified, experienced, fearless individual who can teach us the basics, navigation, handling etc on odd days/weekends for a couple of months. Sense of humour essential. Be glad to hear from you with some idea of charges, experience and availability and any questions.

falkonfive at hotmail.com

Sixpence

Visit site
Hi and welcome
First off, I confess to being a little biassed as they're mates /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif but they also have a very good training system and they'll make sure you're up to the task in hand. He's also ex RN but don't hold that against him /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Al & Tina Jones of AT Sailing Link Here, just click
Or contact Al by PM on here, he's a regular contributor, Link to profile here just click 'send pm' and he'll get back to you
As said, totally biassed, but I've seen him in action and he's very good

AliM

Visit site
We asked the East Anglia sailing school (at Levington) to arrange own boat tuition and John Hall (I think) was super. He tactfully taught us a huge amount in 2 days, and made it fun at the same time - a real confidence building experience. We got ICC (and CEVNI) certificates at the same time. We sailed to Denmark a few weeks later!

falkonfive

Visit site
Many thanks for the welcomes and information. Looks like some useful leads there. We'll be down at the weekend hunting for moorings so will make a point of looking up John at Fox's. Thanks sailorman.

falkonfive
( Richard )

Habebty

Visit site
There is a sailing school boat (Bav 47 I think!) in Ipswich Haven Marina. I think they are called EastCoast Sailing or something, pier I opposite the chandlery any how.

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Les of East Coast Offshore Yachting will not be of much use if you want some instruction during the summer months. As usual he has gone off for the summer - The Baltic this year - so won't be about for own boat tuition. You can read his itinery on eastcoastoffshoreyachting.co.uk to find out when he is back. If that suits then give him a ring or send him an email to book a slot when he gets back.