Inverter Bargain

pault1

Visit site
I needed an inverter to charge my new hard disk MP3 player. When I searched through the old posts on this forum I realised that I needed a true sine wave one which of course was going to be painfully expensive. But... Maplins are clearing out a discontinued model 150w for £59.99 Item no N42AA

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
The one Maplins is offering is perfect for your requirements. DO NOT trust the ones on e-bay; I bought one of the "buy now for £50+" and when connected to 12v it just smoked! Didn't blow fuses or anything like that. Have had to pay the postage to send it back and still waiting for the replacement some three weeks later. Have bought the next size up from the one you are looking at for £79 at Maplins, 600 watt continuous....had one for 4 years with no problems until it went swimming..another story.

The e-bay supplier told me that they don't have time to test them!

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

pault1

Visit site
I've checked out Ebay but most adverts are vague as to whether they are true or modified sine wave. There is one which is on sale for £85 but all it says is sinewave. Not sure which type it is (very cheap or very expensive depending)

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

if you are using to charge something i dont think it matters about the sine wave as long as it uses a wire wound transformer/charger
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
Hi again

On page 4 of ebay at the moment there are two inverters offeref, the 1000/15000 and the 300watt at £38. That would do you perfectly well and you can trust the supplier...he works in the boating field.

They are "Genius" make and I have a 300watt one to run a couple of 240v fans as they cool the boat far quicker than 12v ones. He is true about the surge power claim as I have also run a fridge from it and it coped with the start up load OK. It is the same one as Maplin are offering.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

pentland

Visit site
The Genius inverter is a modified sine wave type. Maplins claim their special offer is a true sine wave. If it is then it really is a bargain.

<hr width=100% size=1>