Interesting Canadian vessel

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
You might find this interesting: St. Roch (ship) - Wikipedia. I haven't seen her (to my shame - I've been in Vancouver several times!) but I have an account of her passage through the Northwest Passage during WW2 on my bookshelf. Quite definitely NOT PC with regard to native peoples! But the Canadian government had a decidedly paternalistic view of native peoples at the time, and the St Roch certainly saved some communities from starvation.

From a quick look, St Roch appears to have quite similar lines, but has a fore and aft rig and mainly depended on motor.

veshengro

Visit site
Interesting to see how her appearance changes when the Bowsprit with the additional curved stem piece are fitted. Her plans at 0.38 don't show it, so it must have been a later addition. With that new look and without the housing aft she would have looked like a real mini Clipper Ship. (y)

MADRIGAL

Visit site
What type of rig would that be?
It is interesting that the rig seems to have varied over the years. Some images in the video show only two masts with fore-and-aft rig, while the later images show the three-masted ship rig. I imagine that she would have worked under power in ice-clogged, narrow passages and under sail only on voyages south for supplies in open water. Thanks for posting this. I had not heard of this vessel before.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
It is interesting that the rig seems to have varied over the years. Some images in the video show only two masts with fore-and-aft rig, while the later images show the three-masted ship rig. I imagine that she would have worked under power in ice-clogged, narrow passages and under sail only on voyages south for supplies in open water. Thanks for posting this. I had not heard of this vessel before.
Rig changes were quite a usual thing in those days; Slocum describes several changes to Spray's rig, for example.