Insurance experiences

martin

Visit site
hi,

Thanks to prev contributor (forget name) who mentioned St Margarets..they have given me a great quote. Am currently with Pantaneius but they upped the renewal by 35% so not best pleased and lookin around!

Question is does anyone else go with St Margarets..its under written by Lloyds so should be ok. Also...anyone made a claim with Pantenius as they keep wafflin on about how great they are at payin out but as have had no experience of this it doesn't mean a thing?

claymore

Visit site
I did have little claim with Pantaenius which is a dreadful admission to make on this forum. They were absolutely brilliant - I phoned them, then emailed a picture of the damage and they authorised the repairs - all in around 4 hours.
Your comment about it not meaning a thing had me smiling - I thought that was what we would all have wished for - to never know how good an Insurance Company is at paying out must be situation perfect!
I'm surprised that your renewal premium is up - mine seems to have gone down. What you been up to then?
regards
JS

martin

Visit site
Innocent of Marlow

Nothing...?
I rang twice and got the same shpeel..something about underwriters loosing money and hands being tied..even the girl I spoke to sounded surprised the quote had gone up so much but there was nothing they could do...all the quotes I got came in cheaper than them but St Margarets won by a mile... I just wonder why?

maybe we have all been boating to long and are not used to getting a good value offer!

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Punctuation. Education system - pah!!!

Come on Flo you can do better than that!

We really do expect more of our educational elite. BTW which institution has the privelege of your services, no 1 brat soon due to look at universities!!!!

claymore

Visit site
Re: Punctuation. Education system - pah!!!

I feel a bit like the Welshman ......there was this one sheep.
Anyway - you sneaky bugger, you are only trying to get me to advertise which Hallowed Portal is currently saving up my pension fund so that I'll get Kimmed like that poor sod from Compass. Its in Lancashire, in fact in the county town. Don't send the lad here, I'm not sure about life in close proximity to the offspring of a parrot - sorry - pirate!

claymore

Visit site
Re: Feathers ruffled!

One serious note before we dive back to the norm - the UCAS website is a good one if you are looking for somewhere.
OK back to it - is your bird stuffing something green up its backside or do my eyes require the services of the optician? - (I nearly wrote optometrist but either I'd spell it wrong or you'd get all arsey about the academic integrity of my sentence construction!)

DepSol

Visit site
Re: Feathers ruffled!

They always said IT would make you go blind. They also prob told you to leave it alone or it'll fall off :)

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Ignoring all the garbage Martin, Insurance companies generally (and I mean generally) go through various phases ranging from wildly ambitious & optimistic to downright obnoxious depending on, generally, who is at the helm and their financial state. So if they are on a roll and offering great deals it can be good but if they don't write enough business and in 9 months you want to claim, you might be checking the small print. This can be where brokers come in handy 'cause they will caution against risky moves. There is alot more to it than this, but if other people say they are OK then they usually are, 'cause if they are seriuos about the market they will be thinking about their reputation....I could go on.