Insurance experiences

claymore

Visit site
Re: Garbage?

Well, he's probably big enough to look after himself and that surely is the essence of the forums (oh God - here we go!)
As with so many threads, the serious responses are easily recognised and are, as in this case, constructive and helpful. If there is a drift, that too is easily spotted and the poster has the choice of reading or not.
Maybe then it is for the poster to decide if there is garbage and so be selective in the reading. I've noticed remarks similar to yours appear from time to time and they inevitably, and understandably often draw a similar response of a collective raspberry being blown at someone who, to all intents, is appearing to be operating in some sort of judgemental role. We are all equals here- well, perhaps with the exception of Kim, oh and Byron of course - then there's Coliholic. Garbage - or just light hearted banter in what is generally a very friendly and respectful place?
Speaking personally, I am equally delighted at any response to my posts, be they serious or not - it stimulated someone somehow and that really is the critical objective of a communication forum.
regards
John S

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Serious answer

I insured my first boat on the Friday before the August bank holiday 1986 and put in my first claim the following Tuesday, all sorted without fuss. The ferry hit me before I'd even got out of Paignton Harbour!!

Thankfully that's been my only claim!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by longjohnsilver on Tue Feb 5 21:21:32 2002 (server time).</FONT></P>

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Oh yeah, my broker advised to move my business and house insurances to Independent and told me what a great company it was. Good advice that was

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I've had a small claim recently with Bishop Skinner and it has been dealt with very efficiently. My brother-in-law sunk his boat last year (it was a yacht so its OK); he was also insured with Bishop Skinner and the claim was efficiently dealt with. Funnily enough when I mentioned to a chap on the Bishop Skinner stand at the recent LBS that another family member was interested in a quote for her boat, he didnt seem that keen.
For me its far more important that the insurance company settles a claim without hassle than shaves a few quid off the premium. I know that Pantanius have a good record with claims. If St Margarets are similar then go for it

martin

Visit site
Chunky shaving

Quite agree with the sentiment but in this instance the shaving/difference is about £300. what with the BSS work and fixin stuff this is a lot of shaving for my purse this year!

Maybe just the time of year...all pay and no whe hay at the mo!

tcm

Visit site
I was with james steel, no accidents so no "experience". The owner of Pantaenius is in the marina next to us, apparently, and a charter bloke who put all his boats with them says they pay out v well, no hassle.