Insurance companies

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
I'm losing patience with GJW, with whom I have insured for 10 years, telling me my recent out of water survey, conducted by a marine surveyor and covering all aspects of condition, is just a hull survey. I'm therefore looking for alternatives. It will only be Brest-Elbe limits, some singlehanding. The ones I can think of are Noble Marine, with whom I have dinghy insurance, Craftinsure, Haven Knox Johnstone, Towergate and Pantaneous. Any other companies worth considering.

Insurers normally want a valuation included in the survey, was this omitted?

ss2016

Visit site
I have had a good quote from Craftinsure and will probably go with them. The policy appears to be very practical. Before I go ahead with them has anyone had a bad experience or found the cover lacking.

C08

Visit site
My last request for a survey was 2007 (5 years after purchase) on a near 50 year old cat. Since then they have just requested a confirmation of sea-worthyness from me. With N&G who were very good when my cabin door was broken into and a few things stolen.

Brewslee

Visit site
Considering your sailing area and single-handing, you should also check out Yachtsman Insurance. They offer tailored coverage and have a good reputation among sailors. Another option worth considering is Topsail Insurance, known for its flexible policies and excellent customer service. Additionally, you could explore Pantaenius, a well-established marine insurance provider with comprehensive coverage options.