Inflatables

jwood

Visit site
I am about to buy a new inflatable dinghy and would welcome readers' opinions on a couple of brands, namely XM (2.6m) and WETLINE (2.65m). I have found a dealer who can supply them for similar prices.....anyone know about quality/reliability/practicality?Has there been a 'Group Test' in any of the sailing magazines?

PeterGibbs

Visit site
Just been though this one myself. Question I put to you is how hard will you make it work / how much time will it be out in the sun?

If, like me, it's stowed away and brought out only when needed the highest spec (Avon) may not be needed. So either of your suggestions is going to serve you well - the differences, I suspect,will be more ones of comfort - position of rowing thwart, and size of tube (if you regularly carry 3 large adults) size of O/B you want to use etc.

If the answer is you expect it to work hard / and to be about for some years, why not look at a Zodiac 260 - you should get it for about £500. You don't say what prices you are looking at, but if the Zodiac price is right, then you will get a little more by way of HD spec, solidly made oars etc. In my view worth the little extra - that's what I bought, and that was the price last May.

PWG