Imray or Eagle Ray for the Ionian

nickf

Visit site
If you haven't got charts I would get the Eagle Ray as it contains comprehensive charts and you will not need to buy any. You may also want to get Rod Heikell's pilot which is a very different style to Eagle Ray but is no way near as comprehensive on charts.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
They're good, but expensive, and their size makes them a little unwieldy; but charts are packed with sailing/weather information.

We have the Aegean ones. Looked at critically, lots of his weather information is ludicrous, only marginally better than dangling seaweed in many cases. However, there is a great deal of useful information in them, although his views on some anchorages are optimistic, to say the least. We sometimes wonder if he is sponsored by Greek tourism.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
We have the Aegean ones. Looked at critically, lots of his weather information is ludicrous, only marginally better than dangling seaweed in many cases. However, there is a great deal of useful information in them, although his views on some anchorages are optimistic, to say the least. We sometimes wonder if he is sponsored by Greek tourism.

The earlier edition's were on laminated paper ,I believe its now his son running the business .lots more misleading information and I expect you are right about tourists areas. Paper quality now closer to blooting paper