I'll happily pay the extra tax......

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Re: I\'ll happily pay the extra tax......

Ah, a council tax element only loaded onto counties with a coastal section. While I can see some lefties rubbing their hands with glee it would most certainly bring up an issue on "why do I pay for his lifeboat, I'm 40 miles fomr the sea and don't own a boat".

ShipsWoofy

Visit site

It works for the RAF SAR Helicopters

Beg to differ, go start lifting panels and see how many empty spaces you find and have a look at the age of the equipment.

Keeping something running 'just' is not a good way to run a rescue service.

fireball

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
lifeboat equivalent of the Green Goddess then?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm .. the SBS? 6 men with machine guns in a rib racing to your rescue .... !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

David_Jersey

Visit site

As alternative to getting the RNLI to come out /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I guess that to raise them that instead of "Mayday" you would keep broadcasting "Death to the infidels", until they arrive.

Probably more effective around Portsmouth /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ShipsWoofy

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
What might be the lifeboat equivalent of the Green Goddess then?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best simile yet for why the RNLI should never be in government hands. The lifeboats would be the equivalent of Green Goddess', maybe not for a few years, but since the Goddess' are now approaching 50 years old, they are starting to sell them off, see BBC website.

So, we would have the equivalent of the Liverpool class lifeboat covering most stations, not a good scenario. The Government never invest, that is fact!