If you tow with a Land Rover

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Well this thread has taught me one thing. If buying a used automatic LandRover, one question to ask is has it ever had any form of transmission shudder, and if yes, how was it fixed.

If I am told is was fixed with a tube of some magic stuff, run. If I am told it had a proper repair, ask to see the receipt. If the seller looks twitchy like he is telling a lie, run.

Bouba

Visit site
Well this thread has taught me one thing. If buying a used automatic LandRover, one question to ask is has it ever had any form of transmission shudder, and if yes, how was it fixed.

If I am told is was fixed with a tube of some magic stuff, run. If I am told it had a proper repair, ask to see the receipt. If the seller looks twitchy like he is telling a lie, run.
While you are there...ask if black transmission oil is normal ?

lynallbel

Visit site

Guy who replaced my TC told me al the local car dealers use it, most of the time they get him to put it in.
But even a new TC is a short term fix as the rest of the box is still worn, though mine is still okay 1 year later.

Bouba

Visit site
BigPlums is probably wondering why we are pillorying him on such a minor issue....the truth is, we are all different, and oppose each on every issue...but one thing we all have in common is we all possess mechanical sympathy....a bodge job upsets us all

Other threads that may be of interest