I want my boat back from Walton

Sixpence

Visit site
Bit early to say what's going to happen over the next few days, but my barometer is climbing nicely at the moment so keep the fingers crossed

bastonjock

Visit site
ill come down and wave only if you promise to wave back this time /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

is 15 quid the average charge for an overnight mooring?

MoodySabre

Visit site
£15 is fairly cheap. Shotley is £19.95 (leccy extra at both) but they have a lock to operate. Suffolk Yacht harbour is £1.80 per metre per night which is say £18 for me (31 feet). I can't recall paying more than £20 on the East coast per night (2007).

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
avoid chatham then £30.00 for one night last year entered at 23.45 and locked out at 08.30 next morning only faciltiy i used was the crapper most expensive pooh i ever had /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but my barometer is climbing nicely at the moment

[/ QUOTE ]
So you've got one now or is it a large shore based one?

I now have a couple of working 4" boat sized ones going spare.
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What use is a 4" boat?

Sixpence

Visit site
As per your suggestion David, bought before the weekend and it arrived on Monday, working fine though I did have to exlain to someone that the needle jumping from high to low or the other way around, wasn't something I wanted to see /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
She thought it was broken at first because the movement was so slow /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Up from about 1000 to 1012 since yesterday, so weather is looking fine for tomorrow, he says, praying it doesn't take a nose dive overnight /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

davidfox

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
little bald-headed Essex bloke

[/ QUOTE ]

Some one isn't going to live that down quickly!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops - Sorry Bernie - my fault!

MoodySabre

Visit site
Thanks Bernie old chap.

Logist-hics is always a tricky one. James (Chellers) has been volunteered by Mrs C and they live quite near Walton and quite near Brightlingsea where I can toss him overboard on the way back. As I could obviously do it on my own (but prefer company) the least inconvenience I cause the better. All options and weather changes under review. Thanks again.

Auntie Helen

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
James (Chellers) has been volunteered by Mrs C and they live quite near Walton and quite near Brightlingsea where I can toss him overboard on the way back.

[/ QUOTE ]He's quite happy to have been volunteered, he says, although would prefer to be tossed onto a pontoon rather than into the briny.