I dared to venture out last night...

Doolittle

Visit site
Set off with my Scout Network bunch for a trip to Thames Court. Due to some late arrivals we didn't even get going until 8.30pm but only on tickover we made the pub within an hour.

There was a fairly strong stream running, but half the speed that it has been.

We left the pub at 10.15pm to head back upstream and the only place where I exercised a bit of caution was going under Chertsey Bridge; I told a loud and irritating girl to go and put the kettle on below, stuck someone on the foredeck on stag and got the rest coiling ropes so that I could concentrate!

Got back home at 11.30 so it only took and extra 15 minutes and I was ensuring that I didn't leave a wake.

So I think I can safely say the stretch between Penton and Shepperton is now open for business! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Went to the theatre at Windsor last night (by car although original plan had been by boat). River flowing well under the Windsor/Eton Bridge and still somewhat higher than normal - particularly visible against the Brocas banks with a few boats, all bar one NB's.

I have been confined to Marina as unable to get under bridge but understand this morning level is now finally down so may get out this weekend with a bit of luck.

Fingers now crossed for a longer 7-10 day cruise upriver starting next weekend.

nickcred

Visit site
I will be on the boat this weekend giving her a good clean and planning to set off on Wednesday for a weeks holiday. Heading upstream from Datchet. Was down on the boat Wednesay night and the stream was still looking strong. Fellow boater on the mooring went up to Boveney for pump out and water. The lock keeper ran a hose across to the lock for him to save him trying to get onto the waterpoint by the weir. The trip back was pretty fast.

Hope by next week it will be back to normal so SWMBO, the kids and I can have a nice relaxing week away.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Spoke to Nauticalia brokers today as I have a person wanting a river trial on All Gold Saturday morning. There is some suggestion that some of the reds may come down tomorrow or even late today. Not everywhere but where possible. They plan to be restarting the ferry at Shepperton tomorrow as well.