I am a criminal

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Having fruitlessly tried to renew my radio licence online, I eventually discovered that I can't unless I have a login registration.

I have now done that, but in its own inefficient way, the login password will be sent to me by post - Royal Mail strikes notwithstanding.

I am so glad commercial organisations don't work this way, or the internet would have ground to a halt a long time ago.

So, until I get my login details I will have to use my radio 'illegally'. I wonder if they are at this very moment releasing some more prisoners early to make way for this criminal mastermind?

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
It's for security. The bandwidth issues are covered by international treaty and the pre-login passwords are being sent to home addresses so that the name, postal address, and email address, may all be verified.

The normal commercial checks of name, email address, and personal info relating to credit/debit cards cannot be applied as the licence is free.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

It's a joke, is'nt it? My attitude is that if they can't make it easy for me to renew, I'm not going to bother

Bilgediver

Visit site
Believe it or not although you may get to believe here that everytone is It literate this is far from the truth and there are still a majority who are totally unaware of renewal online.....Just bite the bullet and find a stamp and envelope and renew the old fashioned way....after reading the horror stories here I did just that and it all happened in Offcoms good time /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Norman_E

Visit site
Of course you are a criminal Major. You have demonstrated many times that you can think for yourself, and have lived by your own endeavours.
These are the two most heinous crimes in Nulabour Britain, for which you are sentenced to a lifetime of hard labour to support the ever expanding benefits culture and the public sector which runs it.

jfm

Visit site
Re: I am a also possibly criminal

My old licence (paper disc one, that you stick in the windscreen) expired March 07.

I thought there was no need to renew or pay anything anymore. But looks like i might be worng. Can someone tell me what I need to do? Do I still need to renew annually, even thouh the license is now £free? Is there any point in renewing? Shall I just not bother?

Thanks

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

Oh! Another criminal.

Just go here and then spend ten beautiful minutes hunting around for the correct place to apply online.

Once you have found the back of the wardrobe, enter Narnia and whilst dodging lions and witches, negotiate the stupid DOS looking address 'finder' (My address was hidden on another page which I discovered by randomly pressing buttons), fill in all the other details and then discover that you can't apply unless you have a log in name.

Go to log in page, get bollocked for not using upper and lower case and once you correct it then get bollocked for not also using numbers.

Once you complete the log in, get a nice message saying that if the lazy bast&rd posties can get off their &rses, you will get your log in details in the post in five days...or whenever.

Easy really.

andyball

Visit site

hmmm, but the very first page you linked us to says

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the Ofcom Licensing Service
This new service allows you the user to update your contact details, apply for new licences and check the details of any licences you currently hold. In order to do this you will first need to register by submitting your contact details and choosing a password on the following page. Ofcom will then send you a unique username by post that will allow you to use the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

Like Ryanair 'conditions'. Who reads them?

I like websites that say, "Go here, dunderhead."

Client just sent me link to their eCommerce site. It took me five minutes to find out how to buy something.

andyball

Visit site

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif take your point, tho it's not reely buried in the fine print eh

Bergman

Visit site
And you think you have problems

I have logged on before - but forgotten the ID I used to logon.

When I try to log on It tells me I'm not who I say I am and it will send me an E-mail to tell me who I really am so I can log on.

But I've changed my E-Mail address since I logged on so it tells someone else who I am.

I can't change me e-mail address without logging on.

So I try to log on as someone else but it knows I am not who I am saying I am and won't let me be someone else.

So I can't log on as me

I can't become someone else

But whoever has claimed my old e-mail address can log on and get a license for my boat should he want one.

Or am I missing something

I've been plucking up courage to ring them up for more than a week but Just had an up and downer with Virgin who are still charging me for the broadband I cancelled with them in April.

This while trying to sooth SWMBO who has been having a running battle with Alliance and Leicester who have taken a £120 bill she paid Morrisons out of our account twice.

We are on the third lie as to whats happened and the third promise it will be back tomorrow.

Does nothing work in this ******* country

Vara

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Does nothing work in this ******* country

[/ QUOTE ]

I applied for a tax disc on line on Monday(2 mins top) and it arrived on Wed morning, if DVLA can do it surely Ofcom could.

I have said before that most of this licensing for leisure boats is a load of old cobblers and serves no useful purpose. WOBTAM!! and it doesn't even raise revenue.

Sixpence

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yet I can open a bank account online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif been trying to open accounts at two banks who both say , forms in the post for signature and proof of everything from ID to how many nuts I have , well maybe not that far /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
It appears that you can only tax your car with any degree of efficiency in the country. Anything else requires use of forums/help line/call centres/God.

Actually, the TV licence online renewel is quite east., in that I didn't require the assistance of a ten year old to help me navigate the site.

I am so hoping I don't have to call Mayday this weekend....not that I have ever had to in the past.

carlton

Visit site
[image]
wantedposter.jpg
[/image]