I’ve got a bit of news.

lauradee

Visit site
The BBC just spouts

left wing propoganda, its that left wing its even briefing against its one time hero TB
stu

tcm

Visit site
Re: 18 wasted years

ha! only kidding.

Of course, history will prove you are totally correct, lauradee. Without Thatcherism neé Powellism , there would be no Blairism - the revenge of the milk monitors. Has there ever been a larger Cabinet -or one with such a low average IQ? I think not...

Jeremy_W

Visit site
Re: the other lot

>>>pulled us out of the mire ... inflation,

The inflation can be blamed on the Tory chancellor Tony Barber, as the monetarists in the Tory party readily admitted. Labour got the inflation down.

Until 1997 Labour had only gained power when the economy was a complete basket-case. That's part of the reason they never lasted two full terms.

FlyingSpud

Visit site
Re: 18 wasted years

Blair = Left Wing? Surely some mistake

IMHO the whole point about TB is he thinks he is Thatcher’s successor.

IMHO also it seems to me that after 2 election wins all Governments suffer from a creeping arrogance that persuades them that everything will be better if they just run the show, and that public opinion is not worth considering. Take the Iraq issue, essentially the Government says ‘We know much more than you, so any objection is stupid – and we can’t be bothered (they refer to security issues when they mean this) to tell you morons why”.