HVO for inland water ways.

dunedin

Visit site
I wasn’t aware HVO needed a green light for use. It’s already available on the Thames in central London.
The issue I think is the high cost of HVO, but there have been some new conscessions by Dept of Transport that reduce the tax and hence lessen the cost premium vs normal diesel.
Oddly this is only currently allowed for craft used exclusively on inland waterways, not for seagoing / coastal use craft. Not clear why.

Mark26

Visit site
The issue I think is the high cost of HVO, but there have been some new conscessions by Dept of Transport that reduce the tax and hence lessen the cost premium vs normal diesel.
Oddly this is only currently allowed for craft used exclusively on inland waterways, not for seagoing / coastal use craft. Not clear why.
A green light suggests it being approved for use. Price is another issue. Yes it’s more expensive than diesel and you can’t claim a tax rebate for the portion used for heating. But for those of us that care about the environment and are prepared to pay more to be greener, that’s not an issue