Humphree stabilisation system?

• Thread starter Deleted User YDKXO
  • Start date

jfm

Visit site
...just to mention how some ideas have been discussed here even before someone put them in practice... :)
I think the open discussion on here makes it prior art, so no longer patentable. The power of ybw forums eh?!

Completely separately, ref your throwing down of gauntlet several posts above on a Friday MM, I wasn't going to reply as I was happy that this thread sunk across the weekend concerned (I don't post much on weekends) and I didn't want to resurrect it, but now that it has refloated, I confirm that I paid full price for both my stabs sets. The first set I ordered from Fairline having never met any sleipner person, iirc £80k +vat. I then became friends with Sleipner folks during the usage of that boat. When I bought the second set I paid what Fairline demanded of all their stab s78 customers which was iirc the list price £100k minus a discount of maybe 10-15%, the normal discount that anyone would get. Plus VAT. The few times sleipner have come on my boat (eg the video) I did it as a favour, no money received by me, and I paid the fuel, food, wine, etc. This year they swapped the flat fins for curved ones for free (technically I think they own the curved fins) so they can collect data: they have data logging software installed on the boat. They have bought me dinner a few times when we have been in the same town, but net net i think I've bought them more dinner than they have bought me. Once they bought me a Big Mac large meal, in Ipswich. I have no other Sleipner dealings of any kind - they are not a customer of my business, for example. Please note: I'm only answering your Q so as not to leave it unanswered, but I don't really want a debate about it and I doubt anyone else does so please keep that in mind MM if you reply! :D

MapisM

Visit site
I think the open discussion on here makes it prior art, so no longer patentable.
Darn, really? I should have patented the idea of the fresh water flushing system for engines before discussing it here and have some smart folk applying it in his boat... :D

Re. your last sentence, I'm rather sure than in doubt about anyone else interest (lack of, that is!) in this debate, so fairenuff, and thanks for following up anyway.
Let me just mention, as I said to petem recently when he mentioned the very same menu, that you should really come to CF rather than go to Ipswich, for trying some proper food... :)

BartW

www.amptec.be
actually the idea was discussed right here already back at the time of BartW installation.
And it was also mentioned to AC, the CMC owner, but while he agreed that it would have been a piece of cake to make their fins turn 180° when working at zero speed, he didn's seem to consider that a feature worth including in their products.
Not saying he was right in dismissing that (time will tell, I suppose), but just to mention how some ideas have been discussed here even before someone put them in practice... :)

I believe it was MapisM who came up with the idea to turn the fins 180° at anchor, to swim the boat backwards for avoiding anchor walk, he discussed it lengthy with AC iirc , so MapisM is owed that patent ;-)

We never discussed that feature again with AC since than, but they are very firm on keeping the systems absolutely fool proove,
I can think of installations in which the fins can't turn 360° because of interferring spray rails fe,
so its not a feature that could be switched "on" by just any user,
Initially I didn't get the password for the "engineers" page in the controller, now afaik I'm one of the few CMC users that can go in that page.

This year they swapped the flat fins for curved ones for free (technically I think they own the curved fins) so they can collect data: they have data logging software installed on the boat.

it would be interesting to learn some results on the comparison of the fins,
at least if they want to disclose this data accurately and objectively.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Let me just mention, as I said to petem recently when he mentioned the very same menu, that you should really come to CF rather than go to Ipswich, for trying some proper food... :)

Ah yes, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Tuna raw three ways (Carpaccio, Cerviche and Tartare) and whole baked fish was far superior to a "Filet-O-Fish". Even the Carloforte chips were better.

What surpsises me is that you haven't managed to lure JFM down to the bottom of Sardinia yet.

MapisM

Visit site
Well, S Sardinia is indeed in his radar, afaik. But it's not exactly round the corner, from SoF...
I trust that the master of mile crunchers MYAG, who afaik is overwintering there, will convince him to head straight south next summer! :cool:

D

Deleted User YDKXO

and whole baked fish was far superior to a "Filet-O-Fish". Even the Carloforte chips were better.
Sounds like you've never sampled the fish and chips delights of Grimsby, Pete;)

MapisM

Visit site
Well, I must admit that when it comes to fish & chips, I did try some pretty good stuff in the UK - while it's very far from being a popular recipe anywhere in IT.
Not sure for how long my liver could withstand a f&c diet though, but that's another matter altogether.... :D