How Much Boating this year?

MedDreamer

Visit site
After a great Spring, this current awful weather seems to have lasted for an age. There doesn't seem to be many cruising type posts on here either.

So is the the weather seriously affecting your boating this year or is my perception wrong and it's more or less situation normal.

For me, in Majorca, its been pretty good so far. It seems we have timed our visits perfectly to coincide with the settled weather.

How is it for you?

clivew05

Visit site
Yes I have to say that this time last year I had done 5 cruises - this year so far I have only done two and the last one of those I had to fight F6/7 back to the Marina .. seems it is well at least for me causing a little problem ..... hoping for a better half of the season or maybe even a season shift!

rickp

Visit site
Fantastic Easter, great when I was out for 5 days last week, managed plenty of weekend trips. Dodgy for a while (whilst I was doing my YM, sods law) - but overall, I think its been pretty good for us so far this year...

Now, if it is nice whilst we're headed to Scilly, then I will be very happy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Missed out on the Easter weekend, due to yard-induced battery problems but have managed to get more than I had done by this time last year. This weekend is not looking promising..... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

LordJohn

Visit site
Sadly, yes. I have had to cancel 2 trips each of which would have lasted for 4 days. Even if the weather imroves it will be difficult to replace them because of a busy diary. An Indian summer would help. In August I am usually on holiday for the month so good weather then would allow a lot of day trips with perhaps an odd over night stay. (the family arn't as keen on boating as me)

Overdraught

Visit site
missed a couple of weekends but otherwise not too bad. Thankfully bad weather generally co-incided with things going on at home.

Was in Poole last weekend and hardly anyone out, except us...mmm!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Are you just gloating, Martyn? I just love this British weather we're having. Makes the hassle and expense of owning a boat in the Med all worthwile /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DPH

Visit site
Lost two weekends so far due to weather compared to one for the whole of last summer. Also only started the weekend early twice on a Friday so far. This is not normal!

However, 4 weekends in March, covers off Saturday to Sunday and all over easter with no chance of rain. That's not normal either.

Overall, slightly worse then normal but don't worry, the sun will be out from the 30th for 2 weeks.

PS. The days are now getting shorter, how depressing.

sb99

Visit site
I can honestly say that this year I have done more boating than any other /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

segaerta

Visit site
About 20 hours, all in fantastic April. May-June was rubbish as well as lots of weekends with family events. Today sold my boat so will not pile on many hours this year /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

D

Deleted User YDKXO

True but I said we'd pay for it later and sure enough we are!

whisper

Visit site
Almost nil so far. Had a week in January but have been involved in house gutting ever since. I'll never move house again - well not knowingly anyway /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Getting severe withdrawal symptoms.

benjenbav

Visit site
Hmm. Have spent plenty of time on the boat this year (apparently). However am currently working with nose firmly pressed to deadline. What's that I hear: "Get on with it you skiver and stop looking at the forum!"

Wish I was on the boat today.