How many mobiles

byron

RIP
Visit site
Having just dropped my eleventyseventh mobile phone in the Thames I wonder just how many are already there from other peeps.
I got mine back and have managed to get it working after a fashion but it keeps beeping at me every 30 seconds or so. I immediately bought a new second hand one off Ebay (same model).
There must be thousands of phones awaiting being found by future archeologists.

nickcred

Visit site
On my third which as I started boating 3 years ago is an average of one per season. O and one in the pond in the garden /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Expect a 4th as I will be spending the next week or so on the boat so somewhere between Datchet and Oxford I am sure to lose another.

Nick

DWT

Visit site
Oh no! I wish I hadn't read this post. I was feeling smug because this has never happened to me, but of course this now means it almost certainly will next time I am down at the boat.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Don't you know that mobiles are 'hazardous waste' and should not be disposed of in this cavalier fashion?

Maybe the Environment Agency could be required to dredge the river to ensure that all these mobiles are not contaminating the environment. Once recovered they will be able to identify the owners and levy a retrospective waste disposal charge, thus recovering the cost of dredging.

Neat /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
dredging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should mention dredging. My neighbour from the other side of the river popped over to force me to go for a drink with him on Friday. He owns quite a lot of frontage as his family has farmed this area since around the year 1070 when the lands were given to them by Billy the Conk, he asked me how often they dredge. I said I didn't know, he said the reason he was wondering because he remembers the last time there was any done in this area. He thinks he was about 8 years old at the time (He is now 63)

BillyBloater

Visit site
One mobile, two pairs of sunglasses a toolkit and a dagger board from a sailing dingy.

Maybe this is why water levels have been rising!

Bilgediver

Visit site
Oh dear.......another 6310i bites the dust....I obtained a few which I refurbished and should last me till they no longer work /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All the best folk use a 6310i with those chunky buttons.

pheran

Visit site
I took my old 6310i with me on a trip to South Africa earlier this year. It was generally revered as the best mobile ever, and I had two offers to buy it!

andyoxon

Visit site
Well, it won't be a problem soon, as it will suffer the same fate as having a drink near the helm, and will soon be considered a "Danger to Navigation", and will of course be considered an offence......

A