How do you pass your time?

Nostrodamus

www.cygnus3.com
When on a mooring or under anchor and it is miserable outside what do you do to pass the time?
Reading, cards, favourite board game, computer or something else?

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Reading mostly. In Greece there are many opportunities to exchange books at ports, yards, etc, apart from swaps with other liveaboards that are available anywhere. We carry about 40 books at all times.

Otherwise there is usually some maintenance of something to be done, Jill is a great Sudoku fan and I play various patience card games on a Palm.

When anchored in strong winds I swim a lot, watching my and others' anchors and rodes for useful observations on their behaviour.

tri39

www.sailblogs.com
I usually try and find some maintenance too. There's lots on that list! Lunch becomes more important, make bread? Stay out of the sun!
Siesta too, catch up on sleep to ensure energy later. I now carry DVD's and a 12v screen for the evenings. Communications by smartphone or even ham radio. No dongle yet!
Reading esp newspapers and magazines, particularly fond of the Spectator! Rarely novels!
Bad weather doesn't last long though in season.

phanakapan

Visit site
In rainy weather- like now f'rinstance- - indoor jobs list. Cook, eat. (Toad in the hole and bubble and squeal- (ooh nice typo meant squeak!) tonight, beef stew last night, had a yearning for good old british winter food. Read- free novels from Project Gutenberg on e-reader mostly. Computer- this forum, facebook, Skype family. Spider solitaire and mah-jong. Play my violin- busy with Argentinian tango, English folk/dance tunes, and Hungarian gipsy music atm. Practise ukulele- trying to learn at least one more tune off by heart 'cos I'm getting fed up to the back teeth with the 1 tune I know (Raindrops keep falling on my head.... yuk! real cheesy!) Plan next passages- got to get round to Cape Town and away across the Atlantic before mid Feb.

ripvan1

Visit site
Surprised no one's mentioned fishing - put the oilies on and catch lunch. For the other 6 days of the week, reading, jobs around the boat, (always carried comprehensive tool kit) online games, catching up on sleep (see username) generally used to pass the time,

Tony Cross

Visit site
If it's just wet and miserable we'll generally watch a DVD (we carry quite a few of our favourites). If it's wet and windy I can't concentrate on a DVD though and I do my meerkat impression at the top of the companionway steps....