How are mail speed marine still in business???

rosssavage

Visit site
Despite all the negative press in these fora about Mailspeed marine, I wanted a pair of Musto gloves. I wanted the 2014 Outdry gloves as they seem better than the 2015 offerings, so obviously I needed some new old stock, and I needed them by the big day on Friday.

Last week I ordered some from Mailspeed, showing as in stock on the website. Email received confirming order, money debited from bank.

Was a little concerned by this morning that I hadn't received a "dispatched" email, so have them a ring. I was told that they're out of stock and discontinued, so I wouldn't get them. But they were very happy to have my money in the bank.

Managed to find some more on the Force 4 website, although £15 more expensive. Gave them a call, the chap checked the shelf and said "yup, we have three pairs in a medium size". Gave him some electronic money there and then (as being discontinued, once they're gone they're gone) and he promised to bag them up right now and post out today - may still get them in time for chrissy.

So why did the Mailspeed website say in stock? Why did they take my money? Why did they NOT contact me the moment they realised they weren't in stock and would, in fact, never be in stock as Musto don't make them anymore??? I await with baited breath my refund..

Utterly, utterly hopeless!!!!

And a big thank you to Chris from Force 4 for being so on the ball and helpful - actually worth the extra £15!

Croftie

Visit site
Used Force4 many times with good service.

On Tuesday ordered 70mm battery cable, various connectors, terminal covers, heat shrink etc for my to be installed bowthruster from http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/
I ordered at 2-30 but realised I needed a slight change, emailed them around 3pm and within 4 mins a reply came back saying no problem together with a revised order confirm. Goods arrived mid morning next day (and that was with their free carriage - not a special delivery option).

Could not have been better service.,

Last edited:

aquapower

Visit site
Used Force4 many times with good service.

On Tuesday ordered 70mm battery cable, various connectors, terminal covers, heat shrink etc for my to be installed bowthruster from http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/
I ordered at 2-30 but realised I needed a slight change, emailed them around 3pm and within 4 mins a reply came back saying no problem together with a revised order confirm. Goods arrived mid morning next day (and that was with their free carriage - not a special delivery option).

Could not have been better service.,

I have bought quite a bit from 12v planet, I agree with the above, they are a pleasure to deal with.

Hugh Foulis

Carlisle. The Happiest Place in Britain (Official)
Visit site
I did some work with a mail order company, more to do with the picking/dispatch side of things but one thing we did do was to ensure that anything that was oos was marked as such on the website. However, there were times overnight when an item was over ordered and the update was not too quick, and an item was unavailable. in that event there was a phone call made to the customer firstly with an apology and secondly an opportunity to offer an alternative. This did not alienate customers but in my experience gave them confidence to order with us knowing that we would fess up. Only when the order was processed, checked and packed ready for the courier did we then process the financial part of the transaction. The owner was not entirely enamoured of this change until it could be demonstrated that the cost of dealing with refunds was greater than the interest that monies collected up front accrued.
Admittedly this was not chandlery we were selling but p***ing people off is not a good business strategy anywhere, is it?