Houseboat sinking

TrueBlue

Visit site
Completely bonkers (on the face of it), towing that sort of 'craft' out at sea. You'll not get much calmer water that that.
I wonder 'who' was towing it? Surely not a professional

Mirror Painter

Visit site
Completely bonkers (on the face of it), towing that sort of 'craft' out at sea. You'll not get much calmer water that that.
I wonder 'who' was towing it? Surely not a professional

I thought exactly that but assummed the tug skipper knew what he was doing...

If you expaned the text on the youtube page you'll read that he was was actually towing two house boats at the start of the LB call-out. So he probably got 50% of his delivery done!

oldgit

Visit site
We gave up moving that type of craft simply because of this type of problem.House boat has been sitting around for years usually with precious little or more likely no hull fettling.
Tow boat gets hold of houseboat with normally bit of shoving to get boat out of berth.
Mud and gunge keeping boat water tight drops/washes out,more much falls out as boat is flexing under way and skin fittings fracture and boat is heading for Davy Jones Locker.
In many cases no amount of pumping is going to stem flow.
Most professional companies with expertise and salvage pump capacity will not touch with barge pole,one man outfit (not in this case perhaps ) with a manky two stroke water pump decides to have crack for bit of cash with predictable results.

pks1702

Visit site
From memory (it was discussed on CWDF a while ago ) it was a professional tow all the RA were done and it complied with all relevant MCA codes. However luck wasn't with them

The weather forecast was certainly not :rolleyes: