Honda EU20i generator or other?

Muddy32

Visit site
Be careful not to buy a snide / copy one. Many about I am told and very good copies! Hard to detect
Yes, very much agree, I was tempted to buy one from LTS at 40% of the price and have hd nothing but trouble, still ongoing after 6 months. You get what you pay for.

Visit site
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Generato...698651?hash=item2a7db5e35b:g:hXAAAOSwT-FZCezQ we purchased this one online from Italy...delighted with it and a superb price....only issue is that it obviously comes with Euro 2 pin sockets but this can easily be changed or just use a simple plug adaptor.... for the money it was a bargain..we actually paid even less than this in January...£864...I have seen 2nd hand ones going for not much less...

PowerSlapper

Visit site
Having said that, I reckon any other portable gennie would be worse.

Richard
We (my other half and myself) have a KIPOR 3000Ti (2.7kva) on board which lives in the lazarette. been over 5 seasons now and no major problems. I am not saying the baby Hondas are no good but they are not 2 or 3 times as good as many alternatives. Almost any small genny will have problems if not looked after. I believe the nearest equivalent of the old 3000Ti is the IG2600P (though I like the IG2600H) unfortunately the 3000Ti is not marketed now (parts same as the IG2600 though with a higher KVA). For my money I would go for an alternative make, look after it and if it goes phut in a few years either repair it or replace it. BTW, FULL workshop manuals and detailed parts lists (OEM) are freely available for the Kipor range. Try getting your hands on a OEM workshop manual for a Honda! There are also several other badged variations on the market

PowerSlapper

Visit site
Now after though on this and seen some good looking cordless i mite go for the EU10i as this should be fine for charging the two 110ah batteries and power power tools up to 500w when fairly quit, or is that just with the EU20i ?.
Be aware teh 12v output from these is NOT adequate to charge batteries. You would need to hook up a proper battery charger run off the 230v output to achieve any meaningful charging rates.

Solent sailer

Visit site
Not sure you can just connect two petrol AC genset outputs together to get double the wattage. I'd be interested to know what would happen, but I won't be trying it myself.

Not a good idea! It's A.C. so goes +ve and -ve the 2 generators would never be timed correctly so it could well be like a 500v short circuit!

DuncanHall

Visit site
I use a Honda EU20i linked to a Victron Multiplus. The multiplus has a power assist function that means higher peak output is possible. In addition you can limit the input current thus allowing the Honda to run quietly. Most power tools will run straight from the inverter. Its a cheaper solution than using two generators and most of the time it avoids needing the generator.

ashtead

Visit site
If you were looking for a cheaper model around £500 to £600 are there any ones based on say Yan or Hon versions made in China which forumites are happy with ? Or do you just go for a second hand Hon version on eBay ?