Hiya please say hello to the newbie

SV HAPPY MONDAYS

Visit site
Hello i'm 54 years old and next march i retire from the prison service after 30yrs service, before that i was a grenadier guardsman for 8 yrs.i have like yourselfs dreamed of the open skies fresh air the open sea, after 30 years in prison i need some :) right to the tread please can you send me
FIVE PROS OF LIVEABOARD AND 5 CONS,
just a bit of fun but i'm getting itchy feet with 10 months left to do:encouragement:

Visit site
Hello i'm 54 years old and next march i retire from the prison service after 30yrs service, before that i was a grenadier guardsman for 8 yrs.i have like yourselfs dreamed of the open skies fresh air the open sea, after 30 years in prison i need some :) right to the tread please can you send me
just a bit of fun but i'm getting itchy feet with 10 months left to do:encouragement:

Welcome.
If you already have a boat try living aboard. Other people's pros & cons are of no importance.

dnickj

Visit site
well my wife and i are moving on board permanently as of tomorrow and cast off to sail round the UK in a weeks time - so i will let you know as they happen

RichardS

N/A
Visit site

Where is your boat?

If it's in the UK, it's all Cons.

If it's in the Med, it's all Pros.

Simple! :)

Welcome to YBW.

Richard

boatingdave

Visit site
We are fortunate to already own a boat. Fully intend to sell the kids inheritance (house) at some point and me and the missus live on the boat and use it as our pension, probably heading off in to the sunset somewhere nice (which doesn't neccesarily mean outside the UK!). If I were you I'd go for it. You need to scratch the itch, I don't think you would be dissappointed. It'll be full of compromises if you do but thats just life..... ;-) Welcome to the forum, there are a diversity of behaviours and individuals on here, you can work out the rest :).

nortada

Visit site
Hi, and welcome - like your user name. Hopefully soon everyday will be happy.

Lived on board on and off for the last 15 years and wouldn't change it but winter afloat in Plymouth in 2002 convinced us to move to warmer climes for the colder months so now 2 boats (UK & Iberia) and 1 static caravan (UK); no house or car, works just fine for us.

Very best of luck for the great adventure.