High gloss varnish

Tucepi

Visit site
I have just bought a Birchwood TS31 in need of some TLC. The interior wood is dull and in need of some fresh varnish. Can anyone recommend a high gloss finish varnish, and where it can be purchased from. I have read in the MBM magazine last month someone using "Two Pack epoxy varnish" what is it and is it any good. Appreciate the advice from you experts as I am a novice.

BarryH

Visit site
If its for the interior you cant beat Japlac clear, its a highgloss laquer without the smell of polyurethane, the two pack sysrems are hard wearing but are slightly harder to apply, or if you have a screw-fix booklet, they do polyurethane in a spraycan which gives a great finish. Ive used Japlac on the cabin joinery in my boat it still looks good after 5 years. It doesnt mark and really brings out the grain of the timber. Its sold in most DIY stores and will be found around the International paint stand. The coloured laquers are very similar to Internationals Toplac. hope this helps, just remember prep is 90% of the job Good luck