Hiab Needed

SteveE

www.xisis.net
Does anyone know of a Hiab operator near Port Solent. We need to remove and re install two engines from a Sealine F37 approx weight each is 600kilos

The reach needed is approx 4mts and a drop chain will be required. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

IAIA3259

Visit site
contact Tom at ALLMI (just google for phone number)and he will be able to give you details of all qualified "hiab" operators in your area

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Presuming a fly bridge, I'm not sure a hiab can do it. Hows it going to pull the engine out, without bending it's arm?? It would have to be, some thing like arm over the cab, then back the truck up.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hi I have removed engines at Port Solent this year, the crane on the hoist is excellent the operators are very good, should be a easy job on an s37, flybridge boats are not easy, to extract engines from one requires a lower mounted hiab which can be supplied by Boarhunt recovery, excellent rates at port solent about 65.00 each way.

Out of interest why are you taking the motors out? im working there most of next week.

Col

Visit site
Hi I have removed engines at Port Solent this year, the crane on the hoist is excellent the operators are very good, should be a easy job on an s37, flybridge boats are not easy, to extract engines from one requires a lower mounted hiab which can be supplied by Boarhunt recovery, excellent rates at port solent about 65.00 each way.

Out of interest why are you taking the motors out? im working there most of next week.
Ones thrown a rod, other dropped a valve, and both inner transom shields need repairing.
They're Mercruisers and port solent say the crane onsite can't do it.

SteveE

www.xisis.net

Paul, thanks for that I will give them a call.....

carlton

Visit site
...whats a hiab?

HIAB_delivery.jpg

IAIA3259

Visit site
time to be picky now, HIAB is a company not a product
among other things they make lorry mounted hydrulic crane's (as in the pic)
as they say on bbc other makes are avaliable

I am leaving now to go back and hide on the Thames

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Ones thrown a rod, other dropped a valve, and both inner transom shields need repairing.
They're Mercruisers and port solent say the crane onsite can't do it.

Hi Col I presume its called b4? surprised there saying that as they have given great service to me this year.

Transom shields, most of the merc ive fitted are scrap shields, you would be surprised how much you can get the whole lot for brand new if you shop around, I wouldnt fit recon bits these days, if they leak you have it all to do again!

Other threads that may be of interest