hey dyflin you missed the buoy

Noboatboater

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I wish I was close enough to miss it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling still an hour before i turn.

there do seem to be rather a large number of boats heading back towards the buoy. i wonder if there is a problem ( like the flying wildbird ), i think ill give the buoy a plenty of space.

RivalRedwing

Visit site
the returns are probably because people set an time delayed turn but didn't notice that a slight wind shift would slow their progress, end result being their autohelm turned them before the buoy.

I'm left with the feeling that the turn at the buoy might be the most exciting thing that happens on this leg - anyone for a game of Monopoly?

Dyflin

Visit site
Ah, easy come easy go... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

missed it by inches. It was just a drag race anyway, besides being in front gives me no one to follow and blame their tactics /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Spyro

Visit site
Ah! but you weren't in front at the turn, you turned same time as me but I was a mile in front. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Yes I'm the sad Barsteward who was up at 3.25am /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dyflin

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Yes I'm the sad Barsteward who was up at 3.25am /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say? Oh yeah, it's only a game! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

flaming

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ah, easy come easy go... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

missed it by inches. It was just a drag race anyway, besides being in front gives me no one to follow and blame their tactics /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, a drag race in boats with identical polars.

Alistairr

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ah! but you weren't in front at the turn, you turned same time as me but I was a mile in front. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
When I looked in at 6.30 am this morning, I saw how neat your turn was, so guessed you were up for it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I however made very precise calculations to make with turn with delay CC /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and missed it by inches!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Am jutted, I was doing ok, staying between 100-200, went back to 540!!! Went past it by 2hrs, and had to turn, so now 4hrs back from where I was!!!

Who else missed the mark??

Cheers

Al.

fireball

Visit site
I woke up in time to rescue SWMBO's delayed CC ... she said I'd set it too tight to the mark - and she was right!