Help with Raymarine autopilot urgent required...

Whitelighter

Visit site
...to prevent the further tearing of hear from head.
I have a ST5000 + Autohelm, which is fine and dandy and talks to all my other Raymarine stuff on-board and is generally good. Thing is, through being a total prat, I have lost one part which is a bit crucial.

To connect it to the drives and make the biat turn I have the 12v Mechanical Linear Drive:

product_linear_drive.jpg

And the fitting kit to attach to Volvo Penta 290 series drives. This is where it all goes wrong. The VP drive requires a shouldered pin, to attache the end of the Rayamarine Drive to the steering bar on the boat.

I have lost this.

Below is a scan of the parts list supplied, with the offending item ringed in red

adaptorpin.jpg

Tried the 'ask raymarine' section on the website and they came back saying it was a Volvo part. Volvo have no knowlege of it and say it is a raymarine part. Now emailed Raymarine in the UK and am waiting on their response, but suspect it will be talk to Volvo.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I know there are a few Raymarine dealers who lurk, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

djefabs

Visit site
Hi Jez
If you draw a blank with this pin from elsewhere give me a ring with the dimensions and I will make one for you. As you know a friend in need is a bloody nuisance. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Whitelighter

Visit site
I know, I know - and a problem shared is a problem two people have, right?

Thanks for the offer Derek - I have this horrible feeling Raymarine and Volvo are going to continue denying everything /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chas25

Visit site
Jez,

There's a Raymarine service place at Haslar marina, found them very helpful before. Could try phoning and seeing if they can help.. I think its A W Marine tel: 02392 501207 but it was a while ago so I might be wrong!!

Good luck!

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Looks like a Raymarine part to me

Questions entered from web sites are routinely ignored by every company i've ever dealt with, and e-mails don't get much better response.

Ring them

Whitelighter

Visit site
Yep, have done. Raymarine were fantastic with my ST60 quiery through the web site. Rang them about this, technical said it was a Volvo part so poke off. Volvo said it was a raymarine part so poke off. Raymarine service centre didn't care so I poked of and a raymarine distributor I rang hung up on me.

DoubleVision

Visit site
its definately a Raymarine part Jez. Comes as part of the kit with the drive. I know cos i`ve fitted them on 2 occasions. Try Malcolm at Eurotek at Brighton 01273 818990.