Help save Watchet Harbour P L E A S E

Praxinoscope

Visit site
Have heard on the grapevine, that Carmarthenshire Council are looking to end the Burry Port 'marina' contract that is currently held by the Marine Group, and Ceredigion are looking to do the same in Aberystwyth.
Board meetings at te Marine group must be strange affairs as there now appears to be only one board member, hope he gets on with himself.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
I think I'd personally prefer a cheaper trot mooring in a well run drying harbour to an expensive pontoon mooring in a badly run marina. If others felt the same, that might give a clue as to a workable future for Watchet.
There is no well run drying harbour on the 170mile English side of the Bristol Channel except Ilfracombe. There is muddy Uphill and Burnham run by clubs and Watermouth with its private arrangements..

I like Watchet, and having shallow draft have had no issues entering it or semi drying out in the pontoon/mud berth. As long as they maintain the rising cill it will be fine if you live that way. If not it just becomes another drying creek with pontoons, a bit like Burnham

Last edited:

TheSailingKoala

Visit site
Signed the petition, Watchet is a great harbour that I've enjoyed and should not be left to silt up. Harbours are an important part of most coastal communities and should not be left to silt up, keep on fighting to keep it alive. :)