Help Planning an Atlantic Crossing

macd

Visit site
>But you did lift a quote specifically about timings for the Canaries-Verdes leg and respond with the sole words "Hurricane season".

Hurricane season has nothing to do with the Cape Verdes I was merely pointing out you got it wrong.

Please read the post again (post #3). You will see that I answered only those parts of the OP's original question which I quoted. I neither quoted nor answered anything about the Hurricane season nor about any sailing west of the Cape Verdes.

So, as usual, you got it wrong. You're skilled at it.

KellysEye

www.kellyseye.net
>Please read the post again (post #3). You will see that I answered only those parts of the OP's original question which I quoted. I neither quoted nor answered anything about the Hurricane season nor about any sailing west of the Cape Verdes. So, as usual, you got it wrong. You're skilled at it.

In post three you gave a recommendation for a passage the Cape Verde only later did you get the hurricane season wrong which I pointed out to you, that means you've got something wrong mot me.

macd

Visit site
In post three you gave a recommendation for a passage the Cape Verde only later did you get the hurricane season wrong which I pointed out to you, that means you've got something wrong mot me.

Actually, I haven't once mentioned the hurricane season, except to tell you repeatedly that I hadn't mentioned the hurricane season. Much less have I offered advice about sailing in hurricane areas, within or without the hurricane season. Perhaps you could direct me to the "only later" post in which I made this imaginary error?

I do, however, admit to being repeatedly wrong, in that I used to consider you a half-wit. I now realise I was being over-generous by at least a factor of two. Apologies.

KellysEye

www.kellyseye.net
>Actually, I haven't once mentioned the hurricane season, except to tell you repeatedly that I hadn't mentioned the hurricane season.

Go back to look at your posts, one is: in September and the first half of October, you're more likely to enjoy sustained downwind sailing. Flights from Canaries to UK are far more frequent, cheaper and simpler than from the Verdes. You didn't mention hurricane, perhaps you didn't know. But what you recommended was wrong which I pointed out.

Tranona

Visit site
>Actually, I haven't once mentioned the hurricane season, except to tell you repeatedly that I hadn't mentioned the hurricane season.

Go back to look at your posts, one is: in September and the first half of October, you're more likely to enjoy sustained downwind sailing. Flights from Canaries to UK are far more frequent, cheaper and simpler than from the Verdes. You didn't mention hurricane, perhaps you didn't know. But what you recommended was wrong which I pointed out.

It is you that introduced the hurricane season and about arrival times in the Caribbean, neither of which are relevant to the Ops question, nor in the answers from anybody else.

You seem very confused and this I think arises because you do not read (nor seemingly understand) what others write which leads you to accuse them of saying things and making recommendations that they did not.

Suggest you forget everything you wrote and go back and read what others wrote. Then you might realise where you have gone wrong.

And BTW PLEASE use the "Reply with Quote" function here as part of the difficulty in trying to understand what you write is that you don't link it to the post to which you are responding. That is why the function is provided - to avoid confusion.

KellysEye

www.kellyseye.net
>I don't understand the point you're making

My posts had nothing to do with sailing to the Cape Verdes. jdc said "in September and the first half of October, you're more likely to enjoy sustained downwind sailing" downwind meaning the Atlantic trade winds. September usually has the greatest number of hurricanes, sail in Hurricane and your boat will sink. Hurricane season is 1 June to 30 November.