Help Needed!! Removing Damper Plate

Beardyallan651

Visit site
Hello Everyone,

In need of some advice about removing my damper plate from a 3 cylinder kubota, I have just removed Hurth 100 gearbox for replacement and thought I should replace damper at same time. The sodding thing won't budge though.

Cheers

122769689_823059211597773_66395706492082450_n.jpg

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
If you can't move the Allen bolts, then soaking in plus gas etc will help. You really need to KEEP soaking them...

Then heat and a decent socket mounted Allen wrench head with a breaker bar, but go VERY carefully.

I'd be surprised if a rattle gun didn't move them too.. Where are you and if you're local I'll bring mine over when you've soaked them for a day or so. It's one of the best toys I've got and it moves most things. Makita DTW300Z 18v LXT Brushless 1/2 Impact Wrench Body Only

Plum

Visit site
Hello Everyone,

In need of some advice about removing my damper plate from a 3 cylinder kubota, I have just removed Hurth 100 gearbox for replacement and thought I should replace damper at same time. The sodding thing won't budge though.

Cheers

View attachment 101748
If after soaking it, it still won't budge and you can't get a lever under the outer plate, i would make an extractor. Drill two holes into the outer plate and bolt a bar right across. With a tapped hole on each end of the bar wind in two screws that bear on the flywheel.

www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

[163233]

Visit site
Had this problem on a 3YM30 mate stuck a bar in the end and jumped on it and it popped out.. Not the approach I was really after but it worked.