HELP, needed, removal tool for defunct heating element for a Quick Nautic Boiler BX 4

BigJoe

Visit site
HELP, needed, removal tool for defunct heating element for a Quick Nautic Boiler BX 40 Liter water heater with a dodgy heating element.

We can’t seem to find the correct or any tool to remove the defunct heating element. It’s in a tricky position, and don’t want to remove the hole boiler.

Any suggestions.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
I unscrewed mine (a different heater, but it had also a very big hex nut) with one of these tools, sorry I do not know the name. Maybe pipe wrench ?
It is used for pipes anyway, the lower jaw has sharp teeth and a bit of play, it grabs and hold very well any piece of metal. When wide open it can be used for really big pieces, say 100-120mm

cle-a-tuyau-un-ustensile_19-112712.jpg

I also used it to unscrew all my through-hull nuts, some of which are very big and thin, often in very tight spaces deep in the bilge.
It is not the "proper" tool, burely the least expensive for a once in a lifetime use.
Cost about 20euro for the largest model.

maby

Visit site
A 55mm socket works a treat, but very expensive to buy!

When I needed to remove mine, I discovered that it was the same size as the wheel nuts on very large lorries - managed to borrow a socket from a friendly driver.