Hello from AZ

Neeves

Visit site
Looking at the map it appears Arizona, though landlocked, has a number of large lakes (most look like dammed reservoirs), so probably has a boating scheme.

Then there are the 'ships of the desert'. (Does Arizona have camels?)
We have plenty, and to spare, in Australia. I believe, bizarrely, we have an export trade to the Middle East. We are into such things as 'ships of the desert' as there is an annual boat race in Alice Springs, no water needed. :)

Jonathan

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk

Gustywinds

Visit site
Looking at the map it appears Arizona, though landlocked, has a number of large lakes (most look like dammed reservoirs), so probably has a boating scheme.

Then there are the 'ships of the desert'. (Does Arizona have camels?)
Cant remember about Arizona but I saw a huge number of boats on trailers going into Nevada to boat on Lake Mead, the lake behind the Hoover dam.
Another oddity I remember about AZ is that the native American areas have a different time zone

Gustywinds

Visit site
We have plenty, and to spare, in Australia. I believe, bizarrely, we have an export trade to the Middle East. We are into such things as 'ships of the desert' as there is an annual boat race in Alice Springs, no water needed. :)

Jonathan
Terry Pratchett makes fun of the Australian "boats" in Last Continent, his Discworld equivalent of Oz

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Lake mead is on the Colorado River. It is located between the states of Nevada and Arizona,

I once sailed on a yacht that was registered in Las Vegas Navada but in South Africa

Aja

Visit site
Lake mead is on the Colorado River. It is located between the states of Nevada and Arizona,

I once sailed on a yacht that was registered in Las Vegas Navada but in South Africa
We had a very nice lunch in the Lake Mead Marina, which was being moved - yes the whole marina - as the lake was running low on water.

Gustywinds

Visit site
We had a very nice lunch in the Lake Mead Marina, which was being moved - yes the whole marina - as the lake was running low on water.
Yes, the lake has gradually been getting shallower. There have been a lot of bodies and other debris appearing. I took the pic below on a helicopter trip down the Grand Canyon in 2009. You can see the fall in water level upstream of the dam. Also the bridge being built to take traffic away from the dam. This was initially planned because of concern over cracking of the dam but accelerated after 9/11 when it was realised that a terrorist attack on the dam could leave most of California without power.IMG_4181.jpeg