Have you checked your cocks recently?

G

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, went down to the boat again today to find a Sealine 32 behind me had sunk overnight. Apparently the owner had not closed his seacocks and one sprung a leak which caused the boat to sink overnight. Was also down yesterday and all was OK. This is the second boat to sink in the marina for this reason this winter. Also have a friend who has been looking at second hand boats and he tells me that every one had the seacocks left open and most were actually seized open. I don't understand why this basic precaution is not carried out each time someone leaves their boat - it only takes a few seconds. For the guy with his Sealine fitting new diesel engines last winter must now seem a very expensive and fruitless exercise. The whole boat was covered in diesel and engine oil - a real mess! Make sure that you don't make the same mistake, it could ruin your season and your bank balance!

Attachments

• UKOK.jpg
    UKOK.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 0
  • UK OK.jpg
    UK OK.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
G

....also I think that this is not covered by your insurers, your mate should get a diver down there shapish to 'shut his cock'

G

Mine remain closed unless needed, and also checked before leaving the boat. I'm with you, I can't understand why anyone would leave them open unattended, seems crazy to me.

RM.

Other threads that may be of interest