Hardstanding

mattyg

seefahrtkreuzer.blogspot.com
I have recently purchased a wooden yacht in need of TLC. She is currently ashore at Newhaven and I have been trying unsuccesfully to find a place on the hard in this region to commence work on her. I have tried the marinas and the Bristol boat yards without success. I live in Gloucester and the nearer the better. Does anyone know of anywhere, be it a yard or land that might be available?

Q

quimby

Try Bullo Pill just between Newnham on Severn and Blakeney.
usually a few being worked on there.PM me if you want more info.

europe172

Visit site
If you intend to sail in the Bristol channel, Newport sailing club has hardstanding for members boats and is only 35 miles from Gloscester

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
It might be tricky! A 50 sq Metre Class Seefahrtkreuzer is 11m long /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

51271.jpg

Gorgeous lines though - good luck with the work Matt /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tonybarebones

Visit site
This craft looks a lot like the Corisande which sails out of Cardiff Y.C don't you think? well I think it does anyway... nice boat, nice lines... how old is she... was she used for sail training by the Germans in or after WWII ? I think there used to be a similar vessel at Cardiff some time back called the Seahex Lavante... or something like that... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

mattyg

seefahrtkreuzer.blogspot.com
Thanks for all your help. I think I have found somewhere for her after weeks of phone calls. Good piece of detective work Damo.

Tony, most of the 1930's German Yachts in the UK were 'windfalls' seized/liberated at the end of WWII as part of the reparations but this one has a different story. She was owned by a cruising couple from the Baltic. Unfortunately whilst in the UK the owner fell ill and regretably died. She has been looking for an owner since, sitting on what used to be the hard at Newhaven and is now part of a building site. She was built 1936 and still flies the German flag. Look forward to seeing you all on the channel but I don't think it will be this year.