Handicap Spreadsheet

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
Hi,
I am looking for a spreadsheet that I can use to calculate corrected times. I will be taking part in a regatta and boats will sail from A to B and time themselves, It is not a race but there will be 10 boats cruising in company and part of the weekend is about efficient sailing, hence the timing. The boats are fairly modern.
Anyone know where I can download a spread sheet?

Alternatively ,if it’s as simple as this http://pzsc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PY_calc.pdf I can make my own, is there more to it? Where do I get handicaps from.
Thanks

B27

Visit site
Either write your own spreadsheet or look at 'sailwave', which lots of clubs use for results.

Getting handicaps is a bigger problem, you can either pilfer them from existing published results, e.g. if a Ben 36 has an IRC rating or a PY or the RYA's latest nonsense, you can steal that, or you can invent your own system based on square root of length, cost or whatever.

In the past I've been lumbered with finding 'club handicaps' via PY, the US system PHRF, IRC, some scandiwegian numbers, and re-basing them via boats which have raced under more than one system.
Treat it like a child's party, prizes for all.

Other threads that may be of interest